Posted April 16, 2014
This school is the bomb for the honor classes. The teachers are excellent. Although I sometimes complain about not enough homework ( the kids didn't think so...). My kids seemed happy on what they got. Not a lot of troubles I heard, so far I'm pretty happy of the program they ran in this school. Would recommend to anyone want to transfer to this school. Big smiles.......

Posted February 22, 2014
Great selection of classes. The teachers are very dedicated, communicative, and responsive to the needs of both parents and students. It is unfortunate the school suffers from the stigma of being in the same district as under-performing schools and is held back by the lack of funding for education in California. The one thing which needs to change is the vice principal. From what I gather, the lady is not suitable for working with children. Sarcastic, inappropriate, and unfair are adjectives I'd find describes her. Fortunately, my older son will be moving on to high school soon and away from her insulting megaphone. I can only feel for my sixth-grade son who will suffer the slings and arrows of her abusive ways for the next two years.

Lorbeer Middle School 1

Posted November 01, 2013
My son attends this school. It is the worst school I have ever seen. The principal is never available to speak to parents, the office staff screams at you when you call your child out. And the worst of all, a majority of their teachers have no clue as to what they are teaching. Prime example, my son's math teacher. My son has homework and does not know how to complete it. He tells me that his teacher doesn't teach the subject, so one day I sat in on her classes for the day. She had no idea how to perform the mathematical equations and kept asking me for help. I asked her how long she had been teaching math and would not tell me.

Lorbeer Middle School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
I like this school, but the vice principle Mrs V (Let's leave it at that) has a bad attitude and focuses more about the way u dress than your accademics! Mrs.Harper is Really nice though. Would give 5 star if it wasn't for Mrs.V

Posted September 26, 2013
Mrs. Harper is an amazing principal. Some students and parents may state the Vice Principal is mean but in reality she supports the school and students in moving forward. The majority of the teachers my son had in the 7th grade were wonderful. I appreciated the quick feedback from them and the open communication. All of my son's 8th grade teachers are very good teachers as well. All show they are at Lorbeer because they care about the students education. All of them have been available for tutoring. The 8th grade teachers are also very quick to give feedback on how students are doing which has been very help to me as a parent. I highly recommend Lorbeer Middle School. I suggest that parents get more involved in the school an attend PTSO so that they have a better understand as to what is going at Lorbeer.

Posted August 10, 2013
I am a parent to 2 students at Lorbeer. The principal here has amazing communication skills. The educators care about their students well being. Mr. Tim, one of the math teachers takes personal interest in making sure my child reaches her full potential. I haven't met a teacher there that hasn't gone above and beyond. They also have an excellent string orchestra teacher and the office staff Mrs. Rauss and Angela are amazingly helpful! Thank you Lorbeer educators and staff for all you do!

Posted August 10, 2013
This school has dedicated teachers and staff. Students are very focused and striving for the best.

Posted April 30, 2013
Challenging for bright students, helps prepare students for high school. Some teachers need additional training in the way he or she handles student related issues. Favoritism by some teachers demonstrated.

Lorbeer Middle School 4

Posted January 24, 2013
The principal at this school has years of experience and education, which is evident. Her cool calm demeanor is an asset that all should possess. My daughter was fortunate to have her in elementary school as well as middle school. It is great to know people like her still exist. She makes me feel comfortable as a parent while my child is at school under her care. There are also a couple of teacher my child has fallen in love with. In today's society it is comforting to know your child is in good hands. This principal knows her job and she is right on top of things. I would recommend this school to everyone as long as the principal is still here. I believe she received an award of excellence in 2007. I can see why she deserved it.

Posted June 25, 2012
The vice prinicipal is horrible! I am currently a junior and my sister will be starting 7th grade soon. Mrs. V, as we shall call her, needs to get fired asap. I remember getting a trouble once just because my white undershirt was showing. Like are you serious? There was also a time when I was in class and she walked in with a few people. I believe the people were there to evaluate teachers. As soon as she saw me, she pointed to me and started talking to the evaluators. I had gotten into an incident with her the previous day, and she was talking about it to the evaluators! I couldn't believe it! She seriously has issues to work. Haha even one of my past teachers said that she was horrible. Hopefully they find a new vice prinicipa. I have no problem starting a petition to get her fired. She does not respect your privacy.

Lorbeer Middle School
501 Diamond Bar Boulevard, Diamond Bar, CA  91765
Last modified Lorbeer Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lorbeer Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top