Posted January 11, 2014
I'm currently in Seventh grade here. Chaparral is a prestigious school that requires critical thinking for students, and the teachers prepare you well for high school life, they train you how to have better time management and advises to get your homework down, and having good grades. This school doesn't just care about academics, it focuses heavily on each student's character. It may not apply to all teahers that they really go beyond the lesson plans, some go beyond their own lesson plans, to make you be independent even under pressuring circumstances, I recommend if your child is in seventh grade, that he/she attend traditional core and have Ms. M.Lee. She is strict, and may look harsh at first, but she is the best teacher to prepare your child for high school, she goes beyond lessons and is dedicated to all of her students. I recommend this school for everyone who embraces creativity, perserverance, and learning.

Posted September 14, 2013
This is my son's first year at Chaparral and attending 8th grade. I couldn't be happier for him. This school not only have the best teachers and staff but great opportunities for your child to excel and participate in many school activities, sports programs, awesome educational field trips. Kids are nice and friendly. He is really enjoying this school year so far and looking forward for what it is to come!

Posted January 10, 2013
excellent teachers and principal strong principal and school leadership challenging academic programs awesome and a very good school

Posted August 18, 2011
I have no problem at all with the teachers there, except those 1 or 2 bad ones. But you find them every where in the school. I do not notice much bullying and haven't been bullied before (the occasional tease from the other sex doesn't really effect much). It's hard to see a school where there isn't a bully around, so don't expect too much. In my time there, I have experienced hardships true, but I've always learned to turn over a new leaf. The teachers are engaging, fun, and easy to understand. They answer ANY type of question no matter WHEN or WHAT. You can certainly depend on having a good time there. We also do rallies a lot and have many dances so school won't be tedious for some of the 'unenthusiastic' students there. I am an 8th grader right now, and I'm proud to be a Chaparral Cougar.

Chaparral Middle School 2

Posted August 09, 2011
I was a student here. I came here because of the good scores but i learned that it wasn't the school making the students strive, it was the parents. Many of the kids take outside tutors. I used to be fine at my other school but then soon took outside tutors too. The teachers here may go through lessons too fast and not care at all. They can also be quite unfair. There might like 1 or 2 good teachers that you'll get and the only program that exceeded my expectations was their music programs (band and orchestra). Orchestra is really great (from experience) and you also get the chance to perform with the group on trips. I only took math tutor and not other subjects but soon realized that i was weak in other subjects as well. Teachers give A's but doesn't mean we really learn too much. Many of the kids here are not racial friendly. Theres not too much cultural diversity and the school also serves too much junk food and their PE is not very good. I moved schools this year because i felt like i was wasting my time at this school.

Chaparral Middle School 2

Posted July 18, 2011
I was a student here, and unfortunately I did not enjoy my time here much. I never had a problem with any of the staff here, although I felt the teachers were lackluster. Some were unfair, others moved too fast in lessons, etc. Though this school boasts high test scores, I highly doubt that the teachers contribute much to that - rather, I believe it is parents pushing their children to do their best that give this school its reputation. Another large issue in this school is the culture and environment of this school. The students backstab each other often, use profanity, and try to grow up too fast. It's very difficult to be yourself in this school and fit in. I've never personally been bullied (nor am I a bully) but I have seen it happen among my peers. One thing I found not mentioned in other reviews is the food served... kids can quickly become overweight/obese from the food. They serve instant noodles, microwaved meals, chips, and even cookies (3 for $1) for lunch. I'll end on a high note, however - the orchestra and band here is wonderful and if you have to attend this school, definitely join one of the two.

Posted April 10, 2011
This school is the best. If you have a question, you can always ask the teachers about it during the morning. Everyone is happy, and there is no tolerance for bullying or teasing. The noon aides are pleasant and keep everything in control. Their academic program is quite challenging, and there is nothing too easy. The teachers are helpful, and listen to your problems. This is the best school to go to in the Walnut Vally Unified School District. Not to mention that they received a blue ribbon award in 2002. :D

Posted November 29, 2010
this school is awesome this school is awesome this school is awesome this school is awesome this school is awesome this school is awesome this school is awesome

Posted June 02, 2010
The teachers and Ms. Aquino have been nothing but excellent, there is zero tolerance for bullying or harassing. My child has experienced a few episodes here, being the new kid this year, but overall my child loves it here, says most of the kids are respectful of one another and the curriculum is challenging that even an average student strives to challenge themselves and work hard. My youngest will be attending next year, I have only the highest praise for this school.

Posted May 09, 2010

Chaparral Middle School
1408 South Spruce Tree Drive, Diamond Bar, CA  91765
Last modified Chaparral Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chaparral Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top