Diamond Bar High School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
My school has more diversity and flexible areas than other school. I am so happy for my children to be with faculty and students.

Posted March 03, 2014
My son is the 11th grade Summary: * Teachers:"F". They are horrible. Very lazy and absolutely no motivation to give the minimal effort. The only reason school's scores are competitive is because students work hard in spite of the poor teachers. The system is set up so that if students get high AP scores, then it must be because of the great teachers, right? Well, not quite. My son had a teacher tell the kids to leave the classroom so he could make a personal call for the whole class period. Another would scream and yell at students all the time. While yet another didn't know how to do the math problems so would work out the easiest one in the chapter and assign all the rest without teaching the content. Administration: "D". Principal doesn't want to document infractions against teachers, etc. As a result, they tolerate poor teachers. Many schools sponsor lots of academic competitions to promote high achievement. This school has AP, IB, and that is pretty much it. We asked them to promote the different olympiads and they weren't interested. We asked them to administer other AP tests (not offered at the school). The teacher did not want to come in to administer a test.

Diamond Bar High School 2

Posted February 15, 2014
There is good and there is bad. However, there's actually more bad than good. GOOD: DBHS is highly regarded, has high test scores, relatively clean campus, and open doors for lots and lots of opportunities. Students are hard-working, dedicated, but it can be a little extreme. With a award-winning music program, world-class calculus classes, CIF wins in many sports, and a ridiculously high API score of 895 (2013), DBHS is regal. BAD: There are bad teachers for more difficult subjects, and social status and wealth dictates your social standing, which in the end dooms your high school life. Music program "requires" donations, and shuns peers that are less talented and active. The presumptuous majority of students are snobbish, judgmental, and die-hard-study-or-become-worthless thinkers. This is sad, because far too many students think that good grades mean college. Classrooms can be overcrowded, and lack of racial diversity interaction makes a social hierarchy, with the majority race standing on top. The popularity and success of a student in DBHS is dictated by their social standing, or wealth. Kids with money tend to be more "privileged", such as United Student Body (Leadership).

Posted October 18, 2013
Terrible. How did this school get a 4 stars this place sucked. Only a few of the teachers were really good like the math ones. That's about it.

Diamond Bar High School 5

Posted September 16, 2013
This is hilarious, reading all of these comments bashing this school, Im sorry, but those who did likely did not work hard or worked at all. This is a great school with great teachers and amazing opportunities, its competitive as heck and thats the brilliance of it. Its as real world as you get, so many people complain that its so hard but thats only because they dont understand how hard life is. As a student who has taken nothing but the most rigorous schedule (we're talking all AP/IB) every year, I have to say that you wont find a better school. The people you meet here are great and will move you forward, a good rule of thumb is to be friends with those smarter than or as smart as you from day one. I will admit, around 100 of the people in my class are likely stoners but that was their choice. In summary, make good choices and actually care about school, do both and you will be great. Also, at the comment that all the smart kids go to tutors or something- thats completely false, not to sound snooty, but if you understood the material you wouldn't need to be tutored, and all the people here who care about and work at their classes deserve their hard earned grades.

Diamond Bar High School 5

Posted March 17, 2013
Diamond Bar High School is, in my opinion, such a great school that offers so many opportunities to succeed to its students. Many down here on the comments have written that the school's success is based on solely students' hard work, but I strongly disagree. While currently attending a top-15 university, I see my high school teachers' (Buccola, Alcosser, Hwang, etc.) effort and work ethic reverberate onto my own work today. This school, overall, prepares students very well. As long as students form a positive group of friends, stay active in school-activities (such as band, sports, community service clubs, usb, etc.), and stay focused in studies. DBHS is of course a very competitive school, but it's that competition which drives students to excel and be prepared for their future.

Posted November 02, 2012
There are some great teachers, and a little more bad ones. The band room is extremely messy . The workload is huge and many teachers don't even teach. Staff is also rude sometimes. I do not recommend this school. Everyone gets private tutors, but why? Why should the school take credit for all the good grades we (students) achieved with outside tutoring when the teachers should be teaching. My grades have plummeted going to this school. If you can afford private education, I suggest you enroll your child into a private school. This is not a good school , don't waste your time.

Posted November 19, 2011
I am a current senior and I don't recommend DBHS. My family and I had always thought that DBHS was a great school. Little did we know that it has really gone downhill since we moved here. Half of the teachers I've had are at best mediocre, and I had to teach myself when my teachers didn't teach the lesson well. The counselors and faculty aren't great either and I find them unapproachable. The extracurriculars are great but I feel that was the only thing DBHS had going for it. I wouldn't recommend this school and I suggest parents reading this search for better options for their child.

Posted October 05, 2011
Disappointed and unhappy. Transferring here was one of the worst decisions of my life and I truly regret coming here, thinking that DBHS will provide me with what I need. They didn't. They said they were "unable" to match up the classes and just gave me a random TA position knowing how much that will negatively affect me in terms of academic. This school may be prestigious and all, but it has nothing to do with the staff or the teachers. I am angry and disappointed, I'm in my most important year of high school where everything counts and I feel like they're just playing around with my classes as if they don't seem to care how much it will hinder my college transcript and application. The faculty shows no effort in helping a student, especially someone in their most important year of high school. I gave up APs at my old school and when I got to DBHS, they gave me nothing but poor "just to fill in credits" classes. Don't waste your time coming to this school. DISAPPOINTED.

Posted March 30, 2011
Have been attending this school for the past four years and have finally graduated. My evaluation of Diamond Bar High School is not too positive. Reading the articles and hearing others saying that this school is top tier, having a reputation of having that best calculus program in the world, while this maybe true, the credit should not go to the school, but the individual student, I am sure most of the students who are successful have obtained a private tutor, because the faculty does little to no effort in helping the student to his/her success and this also applies to other subjects as well. Some of the teachers that I've had takes their job as a forced "routine" and not a challenge that they will enjoy for the sake of teaching. As for the student faculty, majority of them are obnoxious, arrogant and rude. I've have seen a lot of my friends from elementary school/middle school change their personality drastically (for the worst) during the four years of attendance because the sheer influence from majority of their "peers". Please reconsider or look for more valuable options before considering this school.

Diamond Bar High School
21400 Pathfinder Road, Diamond Bar, CA  91765
Last modified Diamond Bar High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Diamond Bar High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 73 reviews. Top