Evergreen Elementary School 2

Posted August 23, 2014
Evergreen does have a great art program because they pay thousands of dollars for FiboArt to do art assemblies and the afterschool program. We loved all of their teachers except for the third grade teacher mentioned in the previous two reviews. She's supposed to be strong in Math and Science but from our personal experience, no... just avoid her if you can. The principal should listen to parents concerns instead of covering up for her.

Posted June 29, 2014
Evergreen is great! This year it was named a Distinguished California School and Exemplary Arts School. All my kids attend Evergreen. Every teacher is wonderful. 2 of my kids had the older teacher mentioned before and we all loved her. Her specialties are computers and math. My kids said she made math fun. I worked in her room weekly and I will say she is strict, but very soft spoken and calm. My kids did many "inspiring" projects and stunning art work. She keeps a collage of family photos on a small bulletin board near her desk that s why kids know about her family and hobbies. I think it adds a nice personal touch. Most of the teachers have similar displays in their classrooms. It lets the students see that they have families, interests, and activities beyond teaching. I understand that this teacher along with two other teachers will be introducing a new STEM program to the school this next school year. That doesn't sound like someone who's counting the days to retirement. Evergreen's principal is great too. She has brought many new programs to the school since she s been there. I feel privileged that my children can attend such a fabulous school.

Evergreen Elementary School 1

Posted June 05, 2014
This review is based solely on one teacher at Evergreen who did such a bad job of preparing my child for the next academic school year that she makes the whole school look bad. I won't name names because this website won't allow details like that, but if you have a child who is going into 3rd grade, please be very careful to avoid the older third grade teacher who is just waiting for retirement. My child knew details about the teacher's personal life, the ages of her sons, their hobbies and jobs (one is a musician, the other, a cop), her texting habits during class time and instructional practices such as punishing students for asking questions or making them sit with their hands on their heads for long periods of time but my child did not come home with a single writing, math, or craft project that was worthy of keeping. We waited all year thinking things would get better but in the end, there was absolutely nothing that was special or inspiring about this teacher. For the children who didn't do well in her class, she would tell parents to pay for tutoring. We just wrapped up the school year and I am really sad for the wasted year.

Posted August 29, 2013
This school is always the reason we moved to Diamond Bar, the teachers are wonderful. The Principal understands, is very caring, and very smart. The school is in a very safe environment. Daycare staff is very supportive, my son loves his school. Academically they are advanced to the previous school my son attended. I am very happy with this school.

Posted December 05, 2011
We are very pleased with our decision to send our child to this exceptional school. The principal is friendly, involved, and really goes out of his way to make school a place where our child wants to go. Dr. Trimmer is the best. Although there is a steady influx of Asian non-English speakers, the teaching staff does their best to keep the pace needed to prepare the children for the next grade level. We appreciate their focus on the core subjects. The field trips have been educational and relevant. The office staff is a little nit picky; but they do try to be friendly. The Community Club does an amazing job providing the school with the resources and volunteers needed to make Evergreen the best school in the area. The PE program is fun and our child looks forward to the weekly activities. Overall, we feel Evergreen was the best educational choice we could have made for our child.

Posted April 26, 2011
My child has been at Evergreen for two years, and I could not be happier with our experience there. The teachers are fantastic. They truly care about the children and about helping them to grow and thrive in every way -- academically, socially, and cognitively. The teachers are also very generous with their time outside of school hours. They are always willing to meet with parents who have concerns or questions, and they actively participate in the school's extracurricular efforts (i.e. Bookfairs, School Carnival, etc.). Evergreen is a wonderful school!

Posted November 02, 2010
We are new to this school this year. My son is in 5th grade. I am extremely pleased with this school. The curriculum includes art and P.E. and Music! I am astounded at the qualifications that my son's teacher has. She is really very very good. My son needed to be more organized in 5th grade and his teacher has really gotten him into shape! He has discovered the saxophone thanks to Everygreen, they have have a great music teacher. As for the principal, he has a big job to do! but if you read his musings in "The View From the Office"you will see just how much he really cares for the kids. I found this enlightening, as I too thought he seemed unapproachable. We are happy that we left Ranch Hills and came to Evergreen. A much better education for sure. Wish we had been here for K-4th!!!

Evergreen Elementary School 2

Posted June 01, 2010
Principal looks rigid and it seems like some parents in the community club will get some favorable treatment by the principal. Besides, this school does not put in efforts in cultivating children to learn other subjects than English or Math. We went to Rowland Heights District school before, where they offer music in their daily curriculum. I feel regretful in transferring him here.

Evergreen Elementary School 1

Posted November 16, 2009
I second what another parent said about the Principal. He is not approachable at all. Teachers for the most part are excellent! They have a strong academic curriculum. However, I feel that they focus too much on preparing for the standardized tests to maintain their API scores. School should be more than just testing and more testing. It should be a place for not only learning, but also have extra curricular activities that are fun and enriching. I also agree with what others have said about the Community Club. The head of the ECC is tough. Her approach sometimes come across as abrasive. In conclusion, I believe Evergreen is a good school. However, if given a chance to attend other schools in the district, I would consider going elsewhere. Thank you.

Posted November 04, 2009
I feel blessed to have my child at Evergreen. The wonderful teachers, staff, volunteers, and parents are what make the school great for our children. The Community Club seems to do everything that they can to help the school be still one of the best even with the cuts that the district had to do. If you are looking for a great education with people that care all the way around, I would recommend Evergreen.

Evergreen Elementary School
2450 South Evergreen Springs, Diamond Bar, CA  91765
Last modified Evergreen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Evergreen Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top