Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My son just finished 5th grade last year in Evergreen and my daughter is in 2nd grade there. They both love Evergreen and there is much pride to be part of such an excellent school. So far my daughter told me all her teachers have been her favorite teacher because she has had a fabulous experience every year. I appreciate all the enrichment my children have received through art and music classes as well as the many after school programs they offer to make them well rounded educationally. My son's teachers were all great and I was happy for my daughter to have the same teacher as him. However, even when she didn't, it was nice to experience another great teacher. I have yet to come across any bad teachers in Evergreen and my children have received a superb education in this school.

My child is currently in third grade at Evergreen and has been doing the same homework packet for the entire year. To say he's bored is an understatement. His teacher told us to check on the class website for updates but it is now April and she is still wishing Owen, who had his birthday on September 14, Happy Birthday. AR goals also haven't changed since Fall. I've been a room mom for my other children but this teacher is very restrictive about when and where parents can volunteer. Also, except for one or two, most teachers at Evergreen expect parents to send their kids to tutoring. The school is a ghost town after the bell rings so there is no free after school help like at other schools. You are on your own if your child needs extra help.

Evergreen does have a great art program because they pay thousands of dollars for FiboArt to do art assemblies and the afterschool program. We loved all of their teachers except for the third grade teacher mentioned in the previous two reviews. She's supposed to be strong in Math and Science but from our personal experience, no... just avoid her if you can. The principal should listen to parents concerns instead of covering up for her.

Evergreen is great! This year it was named a Distinguished California School and Exemplary Arts School. All my kids attend Evergreen. Every teacher is wonderful. 2 of my kids had the older teacher mentioned before and we all loved her. Her specialties are computers and math. My kids said she made math fun. I worked in her room weekly and I will say she is strict, but very soft spoken and calm. My kids did many "inspiring" projects and stunning art work. She keeps a collage of family photos on a small bulletin board near her desk that s why kids know about her family and hobbies. I think it adds a nice personal touch. Most of the teachers have similar displays in their classrooms. It lets the students see that they have families, interests, and activities beyond teaching. I understand that this teacher along with two other teachers will be introducing a new STEM program to the school this next school year. That doesn't sound like someone who's counting the days to retirement. Evergreen's principal is great too. She has brought many new programs to the school since she s been there. I feel privileged that my children can attend such a fabulous school.

This review is based solely on one teacher at Evergreen who did such a bad job of preparing my child for the next academic school year that she makes the whole school look bad. I won't name names because this website won't allow details like that, but if you have a child who is going into 3rd grade, please be very careful to avoid the older third grade teacher who is just waiting for retirement. My child knew details about the teacher's personal life, the ages of her sons, their hobbies and jobs (one is a musician, the other, a cop), her texting habits during class time and instructional practices such as punishing students for asking questions or making them sit with their hands on their heads for long periods of time but my child did not come home with a single writing, math, or craft project that was worthy of keeping. We waited all year thinking things would get better but in the end, there was absolutely nothing that was special or inspiring about this teacher. For the children who didn't do well in her class, she would tell parents to pay for tutoring. We just wrapped up the school year and I am really sad for the wasted year.

This school is always the reason we moved to Diamond Bar, the teachers are wonderful. The Principal understands, is very caring, and very smart. The school is in a very safe environment. Daycare staff is very supportive, my son loves his school. Academically they are advanced to the previous school my son attended. I am very happy with this school.

We are very pleased with our decision to send our child to this exceptional school. The principal is friendly, involved, and really goes out of his way to make school a place where our child wants to go. Dr. Trimmer is the best. Although there is a steady influx of Asian non-English speakers, the teaching staff does their best to keep the pace needed to prepare the children for the next grade level. We appreciate their focus on the core subjects. The field trips have been educational and relevant. The office staff is a little nit picky; but they do try to be friendly. The Community Club does an amazing job providing the school with the resources and volunteers needed to make Evergreen the best school in the area. The PE program is fun and our child looks forward to the weekly activities. Overall, we feel Evergreen was the best educational choice we could have made for our child.

My child has been at Evergreen for two years, and I could not be happier with our experience there. The teachers are fantastic. They truly care about the children and about helping them to grow and thrive in every way -- academically, socially, and cognitively. The teachers are also very generous with their time outside of school hours. They are always willing to meet with parents who have concerns or questions, and they actively participate in the school's extracurricular efforts (i.e. Bookfairs, School Carnival, etc.). Evergreen is a wonderful school!

We are new to this school this year. My son is in 5th grade. I am extremely pleased with this school. The curriculum includes art and P.E. and Music! I am astounded at the qualifications that my son's teacher has. She is really very very good. My son needed to be more organized in 5th grade and his teacher has really gotten him into shape! He has discovered the saxophone thanks to Everygreen, they have have a great music teacher. As for the principal, he has a big job to do! but if you read his musings in "The View From the Office"you will see just how much he really cares for the kids. I found this enlightening, as I too thought he seemed unapproachable. We are happy that we left Ranch Hills and came to Evergreen. A much better education for sure. Wish we had been here for K-4th!!!

Principal looks rigid and it seems like some parents in the community club will get some favorable treatment by the principal. Besides, this school does not put in efforts in cultivating children to learn other subjects than English or Math. We went to Rowland Heights District school before, where they offer music in their daily curriculum. I feel regretful in transferring him here.

Last modified Evergreen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.