Diamond Bar, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted June 25, 2013
My two children have been a part of the Mt. Calvary Lutheran School family for four years now. I cannot praise the school enough for their academic excellence. Both of my children are in advanced mathematics classes and we anticipate our 8th grader completing Algebra II by the end of 8th grade! The close parental involvement and caring teachers make all the difference. I would recommend our campus to any parent who is looking for a Christian based, strong academic program, that focuses on each individual child's learning abilities.

Mt. Calvary Lutheran School 1

Posted June 19, 2013
I have a child that attended this preschool. And was planning to have my older child attend K-8. The administrator and principal should be ashamed to call themselves Christians. They couldn't even be upfront to us about our child. We did not appreciate the disparate treatment. Send your kids elsewhere. I am glad I found a better school.

Posted March 11, 2013
I have one child who completed preschool and now is in kinder and another child in preschool finishing his last year. Our family loves the school. One main reason we LOVE the school is because my husband and I both feel safe and secure when we drop our kids off everyday and that means the world to us. Another reason is the education the kids are receiveing is amazing. We really love and had a great experience with all the staff in preschool, kindergarten, and school admisitration.

Posted May 07, 2012
I have two children attending this school and could not be happier. As with any school, teacher, or staff, there are bound to be personality conflicts, differences of opinion or an occasional occurrence that will offend someone. Bottom line is that my children are getting much more than just a quality education. I enjoy that the children from different grades interact with and know each other by name. Being able to start team sports in 5th grade and compete against other schools in volleyball, basketball, flag football, and track are all great opportunities for the kids to grow. There is a very strong feeling of community between the students, parents and staff at this school. I imagine that if you are the type of parent that sends your child to after school and weekend school on top of their standard schooling, you may well have a different opinion of your experience. But, if you enjoy being part of your child's life and desire that they have a safe and loving environment where everyone, staff and parents, will go out of their way for your child, Mt. Calvary is the place for you.

Mt. Calvary Lutheran School 3

Posted March 06, 2012
Mt. Calvary pre-school is a decent choice overall, however I do believe that the teachers should be better skilled in how to handle involved concerned parents questions. Sometimes they tend to be on the defense which may come off as not as forthcoming when they really should be an open book where our children are concerned as it relates to their educational and emotional development. It can be a little frustrating when I ask the teachers a question, then they refer me to someone else who refers you back to them....to make a long story short, communication could use a some improvement as well. The other thing I've noticed is that they are not real good about getting back to you on things they don't know, I hate to feel like a hound just to to get needed answers,but this is usually the case. I just want them to do what they say they will do....so I hope this constructive criticism helps both readers and school director and teachers. I'm glad to see more parents speaking out rather favorable or not, the pre-school has the potential to be 4 stars or more, but they definitely have to listen to the concerns of the parents because if it doesn't work for us, it doesn't work for our family

Mt. Calvary Lutheran School 1

Posted February 18, 2012
I have had the opportunity to have been at the preschool for both the old and new director and i must say that i do agree with older posts. They director here is lacking in the knowledge of the position. However i do not agree with the post regarding the teachers. These ladies are some of the best you'll find. They are very committed to the children as well as the work, they are very loving and caring. We toured a lot of places bigger/better before stopping at Mt. Calvary but were not impressed. This preschool possess a lot of potential and if you can look past the directors lack of knowledge/innovative thinking and get to know your child's teacher or all of the preschool teachers for that matter; you will truly be happy with the quality of education your child receives.

Posted February 15, 2012
I am a parent and very happy with the preschool. What a SHAME to have someone say that the staff wrote the reviews and that the preschool is run down :( so negative maybe it is better that you try another school . Good Luck :)

Posted February 08, 2012
I am a CURRENT parent of Mt Calvary Lutheran School. I have one child in the elementary school, one child currently in his third year of preschool, and one child who is scheduled to begin preschool in the fall and we are VERY pleased with the school as a whole. Now, seeing as how some parents on this website are bashing the preschool I think I should share my story and do my best to defend these girls. My husband and I had to pull my oldest son out of his previous preschool due to its lack of structure, lack of communication in regards to his progress, and lack of affection shown towards the children. We luckily came across Mt. Calvary Preschool who had all of these things and much more. After being highly impressed by an informative tour, we signed him up and have never regretted our choice to do so. Both of my sons absolutely LOVE the entire staff, as well as my 2 year old daughter who only sees them at drop off and pick up. These 7 women are extremely friendly, nurturing, and hard working, and I thank God every day that we found such a great school. Please consider that every family is different and just because 1 or 2 parents weren't pleased doesn't mean you won't be!

Posted February 07, 2012
I am glad I choose Mt.Calvary ! It is a wonderful school! MY daughter loves going to school. I disagree about what these parents said. These teachers are caring and loving . I never see teachers work so hard. I know I am leaving my child in great hands :)My child has been attending for 2 years. Never had an issue with teachers ever or should I say never had a bad experience.

Posted February 05, 2012
My first kid was there starting in 1982 in preschool through 8th grade, went on to be valedictorian at DB High, then Summa Cum Laude at Princeton, then two graduate degrees in France and is now online sales manager for Louis Vuitton in Paris. My second kid started there in preschool through 8th grade, went on to be valedictorian at DB High, then graduated from Dartmouth, then from American University's law school in 2011. My third kid graduates from preschool there this year. Going on 30 years experience with this school with three kids. Results speak for themselves.

Mt. Calvary Lutheran School
23300 Golden Springs Drive, Diamond Bar, CA  91765
Last modified Mt. Calvary Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Mt. Calvary Lutheran School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top