Discovery Bay, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 01, 2011
Congratulations Timber Point students and staff 2011 for 34 point gain in API scores!!! 841 overall with huge gains for subgroups ... so proud to be a part of this school "family"!!!

Posted June 12, 2011
We love this school! My children recently completed Kinder, second and fourth grades. They all had amazing teachers with excellent communication. I felt I was involved in all their successes and struggles. My children were able to participate in lunch time violin lessons, art, chess club, GATE, student council and one of my children was involved in the magical castle learning center.

Timber Point Elementary School 2

Posted April 20, 2011
This school has some great teachers, however, there are also many who are not so great. There are little to no additional activities, no PE for lower grades. My daughter has had problems with reading for over 3 years and was just tested. Once we got the test results, it still took over 2 months for her to be placed in the appropriate "literacy group." There is a huge bullying problem at this school and though many parents have complained, it still is rampant. The principal tries but is very ineffective.

Timber Point Elementary School 4

Posted April 14, 2010
My son has attended Timber Point the last two years. His teacher the first was absolutely fantastic - she was an excellent teacher and very communicative - we all loved her. The experience this year has been the exact opposite - just a plain bad teacher and non-communicative we are not the only parents that have had problems with this teacher. The principal and others at the school are great to work with but, unfortunately they are far too tolerant of poor teachers.

Posted April 12, 2010
Excellent! Love everything about this school!!! :) Teachers are amazing and helpful and keep great open lines of communication!

Posted September 25, 2009
I have two kids in this great school, the teachers are superb and both of my kids are doing well academically. Parents are well involved, safe environment and I appreciate Mr. Burnright, approachable and visible around school. I am very happy where my kids are and cant wait for my lil one to be there soon!

Posted August 23, 2009
This school has an amazing staff and it really works for all students. Flexible reading groups allowed my child to improve her level, and it allowed for students of a different level to also improve.

Posted May 22, 2009
I love this school! My kids are happy here! I love the new parking lot. It really makes pick up and drop off so much easier and safer for the several families that walk each day. The teachers are wonderful. The principal is out on campus talking to parents and kids every day. This is a great place.

Timber Point Elementary School 4

Posted May 20, 2009
I love this school and I look forward to next year nbringing my chnildren back for another great year !!

Posted April 01, 2009
I think Timber Point is a great school. I have two daughters, k and 1 grade. They are both excelling and thriving in the academic environment that is provided there. I'm not sure what the previous parent review (dated January 29, 2009) is basing his/her assessment of the school having low academic level. If they are new to California, they should check the other school districts in the area and compare them to Timber Point. We were in another school district for about 4 months last year and that is enough for me to gauge that Timber Point is well above that districts' level of academic excellence.

Timber Point Elementary School
40 Newbury Lane, Discovery Bay, CA  94505
Last modified Timber Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Timber Point Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top