Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Dixon Montessori Charter 1

Posted May 12, 2016
Bullying is not addressed here, children are singled out, the director does not care to deal with issues. Waste of taxpayer money - this is a school for the children of friends of the board and the children of the director and administrators and nothing more. And do not let the name Montessori fool you, this school could not be less Montessori.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 12, 2016
Teachers are allowed to belittle students and when reported the director does nothing about it, aside from blame it on the child.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 12, 2016
This school does nothing about bullying, therefor children cannot learn compassion, caring, or empathy. Children of administrators are permitted to bully other children with no repercussions.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 12, 2016
This school encourages students to band together against other students and lie in order to get children in trouble for things they didn't do.

Dixon Montessori Charter 3

Posted February 02, 2015
I have 3 kids at DMCS..The teachers are excellent, no complaints there. The only complain is the Administration! Every time I go to the front office I get a smartass, condescending reply..The main culprit is Tammy, quick to jump up give you an incomplete answer with an attitude. Don't ask Shanna the lunch lady anything about the lunch program. .i. e...why do you keep running out of main entr e meals ever day and feed my kids PBJ $4...the principal sits idle and let's all this happen because they're chummy and she has a similar attitude. Poorly managed organization. Too bad, this could be a great school.

Dixon Montessori Charter 5

Posted June 30, 2014
Love the teachers and school grounds. On the othet hand can't wait for a new director the current one lacks the proper communiction skills. I will never go the the fundraising dinner again because of her.

Dixon Montessori Charter 4

Posted June 04, 2014
IThe elementary school teachers we had are great! Young teachers have more patience then older teachers we had at another elemnetary school where innapropriate language was used and kids called stupid. My 4th grader started in 1st grade and is doing amazing. All the teachers have been superb. The junior high program and the majority of teachers there are very good. Academically my children are challenged . I go over their work with them and they know what they are doing. The one time my student did struggle on a math section it was required the section was understood and they had to come into get extra help. There is a lot of help there that is not given at the other schools and I know this because I have had 4 kids at other schools in the district. As far as behaviior issues I have one student with them and one without. They try their best to help these issues. I am baffled by the comment about the reading program. In grades 1 and 2 I would help out weekly with kids who needed reading and i felt the kids got much more one on one than given at any school my kids had been at. They also offer a reading support that is easier to get into than at the other schools.

Dixon Montessori Charter 5

Posted May 19, 2014
My son has been going to DMCS for 2 years. I am surprised by the comments I see posted here. We chose DMCS after having some challenges with another elementary school in town (where the classrooms were chaotic and my son and his friend were physically attacked in the school bathroom). He is thriving at DMCS. When we first asked him why he liked DMCS, he said "It's quiet". We find that DMCS classrooms are structured enough to provide quality academics, and flexible enough to allow hands-on project-based learning (not simply memorizing facts and worksheets). We find the mixed-grade classrooms to benefit both the younger and older students in class. At DMCS, my son has developed critical thinking/problem solving skills and strong community values. My son has learned to love reading, and he continues to love math, science, music, and physical education. In my experience, DMCS has very dedicated teachers and administration that are always receptive to concerns and active problem solving. I have seen the teachers offer academic intervention on their own time to help the children solidify concepts. I highly recommend the school; I would not want my child to go anywhere else.

Dixon Montessori Charter 4

Posted May 09, 2014
This is my son first year in this school, his words are: " have fun going to school"... how was your day in school, " it was great" there is no other words to describe it.

Dixon Montessori Charter 1

Posted May 06, 2014
I, like many others, was dazzled by what the school had to offer -PE, music, art, garden, etc. Early in the year, I was told that my kid was acting aggressively and hurting other kids, something that has never happened before. The problem got worse until we had to have a conference with the teacher and the principal had to get involved. We were offered "social skills" resources that never came to fruition, and were assured that there was adequate supervision during recess, when most of the problems occurred. I decided to show up one day for lunch and recess, and there was a good 5 minutes where there wasn't any teacher or school staff around to watch 4 classes of rowdy kids. It was just me and another parent watching over 100 kids. I saw very aggressive behavior, kids chasing other kids with sticks, play fighting and wrestling. This was the environment my kid was exposed to everyday. My kid was almost reading in preschool and completely backslid because of environment-specific behavioral issues taking the forefront. High test scores and student progress are mostly from work done at home by parents, not at school. We transferred schools and my kid's been thriving ever since.

355 North Almond Street, Dixon, CA  95620
Last modified Dixon Montessori Charter is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.