Dixon, CA
Students enrolled: 1,154

Dixon High School 4

Posted August 10, 2015
As a student at Dixon high I really know the inside scoop. I am one of the high achieving ap/honors students, but I have to say our school has a lot to offer. This school offers a variety of ap/honors courses. More than the average student can fit into their schedule. This year every class I am taking is ap, honors or an advanced music course. Our school offers many oppurtinities and has teachers and staff that care (most of them anyways.) We have a learning center that is open after school that offers free tutoring and all over teachers classroom's you'll see college posters and posters telling you what the a-g requirements are to get into college. We have a counselor specifically for college and he is a big help. Our school has academic clubs including the science and engineering club. We have all sorts of resources and people there to help you. We have a program with Solano community college where students can take college courses while at the high school and get college and high school credits for the class. The biggest problem I've had with this school is scheduling conflicts because I want to take too many ap/honors classes at a time, but can't fit it in. Our school has a lot to offer, but the school isn't going to hand you the opportunities on a silver platter, students have to listen to the announcements and look to see how they can better themselves. The staff is there to help the kids. They care and will help. You just have to ask for it.

Dixon High School 3

Posted June 08, 2015
Not enough honors/ap classes. The counselors were not interested in the futures of their students. The teachers could be more serious as well with their coursework, less movies.

Dixon High School 4

Posted March 14, 2015
Safe learning environment. State-of-the-art facilities, including two computer labs, huge library, theater, two gyms, impressive stadium, and more. Tremendous educational options for students, including AP and Honors Courses, on-campus college courses through the new DHS College Advancement Program, and dual-credit opportunities with Solano Community College. Strong Ag program, great Athletics Dept and coaches, good band, and friendly campus. Principal and Superintendent are well-liked and really care. Small-town environment, but at DHS they are trying to think big.

Dixon High School 3

Posted June 16, 2014
I was a student here and graduated from DHS a couple years ago. My time here could have been better, but I made the most of what I could. in terms of academics, the school as a whole doesn't do too well. The average student graduates here with around a 2.5 GPA. This is not due to the administration being sub-par as a whole, but because much of the student population does not try to the best of their ability. There are the "AP/Honors" group of kids every year that get very high marks academically, but this makes up 10-15% of each class. Many of the students just float by day to day, not trying. This could be because that DHS allows students to graduate with Ds on their transcript, but this is only speculation. There are plenty of AP courses offered and are fairly easy to get into, and are straight forward when it comes to getting high marks. One thing that DHS does do right is its independent studies program. A student a part of this program can take community college classes for both high school and college credits. Be warned though, only self motivated students usually do well with this route. Overall, DHS is a decent high school and I'm proud to have gone here.

Dixon High School 5

Posted May 26, 2013
I'm really glad the classy person who wrote the previous review could afford to send his/her kids to private school instead of Dixon's "stinky schools"--although, if that person doesn't have kids at Dixon High, I'm not sure why that person felt qualified to leave a review. You get out of an education what you put into it. Yes, some kids struggle at DHS and barely scrape by, but many others flourish, and every year Dixon grads head off to top universities and walk away with scholarships for all kinds of achievement--academic, athletic, music, etc. While there are always exceptions, in general I have found the staff and administration at DHS to be full of hard-working, dedicated individuals who do a great job balancing the top performers, the under-achievers, and all the students in between. And unlike the situation at many high schools across the nation, DHS students and staff do not come to school every day afraid of being shot or stabbed. It is a safe environment where individuals are free to be individuals, and flourish or fail as they so choose. Considering the diverse population at DHS, the staff and admins do a great job.

Dixon High School 1

Posted November 08, 2012
Just so happy I can afford to send my child to private schools;). Small town with stinky schools....

Dixon High School 2

Posted March 09, 2012
I have had family members graduate from Dixon High since 1934. I have to say this is the worst principal ever! Mr. Barsotti needs to be removed. If Mr. Barsotti is principal next year my child will not be returning. I can not give the Principal 1 star.

Dixon High School 1

Posted February 23, 2012
I really pains me, but I have to say that I agree with the 1-18-2012 post. The administration and teacher are very unresonsive. The do start off each year preaching excellence, but have zero follow through. The staff rarely if ever call you back. Their homelink homework tracking system is not maintained with enough regularity to be useful. The software is actually quite robust, but all of my childs teacher fail to use it. I have always been a strong believer and supporter of the public school system. However, we may be better off as a community disolving our school district and sending our children to a new by town. It sounds rather draconian, but the apathy within the school distict endemic and may not be salvagable.

Dixon High School 2

Posted January 18, 2012
This high school is all about mediocrity. The administration is all talk about setting high standards and does very little to achieve it. Unless they make many positive changes in the next couple years I'm not letting my kids attend this high school.

Dixon High School 5

Posted May 26, 2010
Wait one minute. You are actually giving the high school a low rating because the teachers are great? How would uninvolved parents be another parent's problem? How is that the school's fault? My son had a great 4 years at DHS and is attending a great university.

Dixon High School
555 College Way, Dixon, CA  95620
Last modified Dixon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dixon High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top