Dixon High School 3

Posted June 16, 2014
I was a student here and graduated from DHS a couple years ago. My time here could have been better, but I made the most of what I could. in terms of academics, the school as a whole doesn't do too well. The average student graduates here with around a 2.5 GPA. This is not due to the administration being sub-par as a whole, but because much of the student population does not try to the best of their ability. There are the "AP/Honors" group of kids every year that get very high marks academically, but this makes up 10-15% of each class. Many of the students just float by day to day, not trying. This could be because that DHS allows students to graduate with Ds on their transcript, but this is only speculation. There are plenty of AP courses offered and are fairly easy to get into, and are straight forward when it comes to getting high marks. One thing that DHS does do right is its independent studies program. A student a part of this program can take community college classes for both high school and college credits. Be warned though, only self motivated students usually do well with this route. Overall, DHS is a decent high school and I'm proud to have gone here.

Posted May 26, 2013
I'm really glad the classy person who wrote the previous review could afford to send his/her kids to private school instead of Dixon's "stinky schools"--although, if that person doesn't have kids at Dixon High, I'm not sure why that person felt qualified to leave a review. You get out of an education what you put into it. Yes, some kids struggle at DHS and barely scrape by, but many others flourish, and every year Dixon grads head off to top universities and walk away with scholarships for all kinds of achievement--academic, athletic, music, etc. While there are always exceptions, in general I have found the staff and administration at DHS to be full of hard-working, dedicated individuals who do a great job balancing the top performers, the under-achievers, and all the students in between. And unlike the situation at many high schools across the nation, DHS students and staff do not come to school every day afraid of being shot or stabbed. It is a safe environment where individuals are free to be individuals, and flourish or fail as they so choose. Considering the diverse population at DHS, the staff and admins do a great job.

Dixon High School 1

Posted November 08, 2012
Just so happy I can afford to send my child to private schools;). Small town with stinky schools....

Posted March 09, 2012
I have had family members graduate from Dixon High since 1934. I have to say this is the worst principal ever! Mr. Barsotti needs to be removed. If Mr. Barsotti is principal next year my child will not be returning. I can not give the Principal 1 star.

Dixon High School 1

Posted February 23, 2012
I really pains me, but I have to say that I agree with the 1-18-2012 post. The administration and teacher are very unresonsive. The do start off each year preaching excellence, but have zero follow through. The staff rarely if ever call you back. Their homelink homework tracking system is not maintained with enough regularity to be useful. The software is actually quite robust, but all of my childs teacher fail to use it. I have always been a strong believer and supporter of the public school system. However, we may be better off as a community disolving our school district and sending our children to a new by town. It sounds rather draconian, but the apathy within the school distict endemic and may not be salvagable.

Posted January 18, 2012
This high school is all about mediocrity. The administration is all talk about setting high standards and does very little to achieve it. Unless they make many positive changes in the next couple years I'm not letting my kids attend this high school.

Posted May 26, 2010
Wait one minute. You are actually giving the high school a low rating because the teachers are great? How would uninvolved parents be another parent's problem? How is that the school's fault? My son had a great 4 years at DHS and is attending a great university.

Posted May 25, 2010
Beware. More than 75% of DHS grads do not meet CSU or UC minimum coarse requirements meaning DHS grads are not eligible to even fill out the admission application. Thats shameful. Meanwhile 8 miles down the road, Davis HS will graduate more then 75% who do meet those CSU/UC minimum coarse requirements. Why the disparity? Because Dixon HS has way too many kids graduating with D's and F's on their records and Cal State Sac wont take a D. Dixon High has way too many kids who underperform because parents are not involved. Dixon High teachers are great. They enable. It's the parents who allow their kids to be underachievers. Careful who you surround yourself with and the company you keep. Parents need to pay more attention and enforce passing grades in every class. Take the iPODS and cell phones away.

Posted March 30, 2010
Dixon High School of old is no longer Dixon High. The new campus, the new administration had done many positive changes and hold students accountable. Athletics are doing great, students are participating more in sports and clubs. My son and daughter are very happy at DHS. Princpal Chaidez is hard working and cares about his students and staff. I would disagree that he is out of touch with students. He is highly involved and has high expectations that I can see. Thank you DHS!

Posted March 30, 2010
This past Saturday we had our 1st annual Beautification Day and there were over 200 students at DHS to clean and make our campus look better. It was cool. The DJ played good music and our school looks way better now. This was a great idea by our Principal. Dixon High is also really good at sports and our swimming teams are really good. This year we had Waterpolo for the first time and we won the league championship. I was glad to be part of the team. Dixon High Rocks and is the place to be. Go RAMS!

Dixon High School
555 College Way, Dixon, CA  95620
Last modified Dixon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dixon High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top