Tremont Elementary School

Public | K-6 | 678 students

Posted March 7, 2014

I had 2 children attend Tremont from K-6. I have nothing but good things to say about the staff and curriculum. I did enjoy the schedule when the school was year round. I volunteered often and both of my children were honor students.

Posted November 12, 2012

My child did attend this school several years ago. I deal with this school on a daily basis. Some of the teachers are really wonderful. Otherwise one of the WORST schools ! The front office staff in true Dixon style is rude and snobby. Over the years I have seen so very many kids fall through the cracks who don't get enough intervention or help. On several occasions teachers did not even know there was an I.E.P. in place to help a child.

Posted July 27, 2011

The staff is amazing, teachers are top notch, curriculum is challenging, student body is diverse, campus is beautiful, and I just can't say enough things about this fantastic school!!!

Posted April 2, 2011

My daughter has attended Tremont for the last year, and her teacher is simply amazing. She is very caring, sweet and attentive with all the kids. They just did a kindergarten spring performance and it was a great family night. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted August 13, 2010

My daughter started attending Tremont last year when we moved to the area. I love this school and think there is wonderful parent participation. I was welcomed with open arms and feel like I have know the people here forever. The staff and principal are very hands on and know most of the students by name. The teachers welcome and appreciate the time taken to volunteer. We couldn't ask for a better enviornment for our daughter.

Posted August 13, 2010

Our family moved to Dixon 3 months into the school year. We literally got "rolled eyes" and "are you kidding me-more students?" looks when we came in to register. This attitude carried on throughout the year. We had very different concerns with each of the 2 children, both of which were not taken seriously and dismissed with comments like: there is no help, there aren't any programs like that, NO, and do it yourself. I know that the budget crisis is a real problem, and the cause of the lack of help for these kids. I was dissappointed when I came in to volunteer in the classroom I was turned away-several times. I don't care if I am picking up trash in the room or gum under desks, I want to see how my child is being taught and treated for 7 hours of the day. Moving schools again;(

Posted May 5, 2010

My daughter just transferred into Tremont from Browns Valley Elementary in Vacaville. The level of work preformed at Tremont is about a half a grade level higher than at Browns Valley. The difference is Browns Valley students are coached all year long to pass the STAR testing. This is why Browns Valley posts higher testing scores. The problem with this is Browns Valley students are falling behind. Too much time wasted on test prep. I prefer a more challenging environment for my child and so far Tremont seems to be a good fit. At the end of the day it comes down to you and your child s teacher. Listen you your child, check their homework and class work if its not up to par 'YOU' are not involved enough.

Posted May 6, 2009

I am also shocked by the negative reviews of Tremont. Both my children have attended Tremont. One is a senior in high school (who will be attending a very competitive university in the fall) and one is currently in the 5th grade. I love Tremont and couldn't ask for a better elementary school. There has to be story behind their bad reviews.

Posted October 21, 2008

I provide childcare to many students at this school, however based on what my husband and I have seen, we have chosen to send our children to a private school. I have continually been disapointed in the lack of concern for students who struggle with homework. When concerns of learning disabilities are discussed, they are quickly dismissed. My expierience has been that by the time the teachers identify a disability, it seems to be almost too late! The foundation is gone and by the fourth or fith grade it is frustrating for the student, parent, and caregiver to move on. I feel that the school needs to actively be looking for and helping to correct these disabilities. I would suggest being very assertive and do not take no for an answer if your child is really struggling with homework!

Posted October 10, 2008

Tremont is not like any Vacaville school at all. We came from Vacaville 4 years ago, and put our children in Tremont. After coming from an excellent school in Vacaville and walking into this district i have to say very negative things about this school. There is no safe drop off place for parents to drop off their children and pick them up? the teachers come and go. And if they dont come and go they have 2-3 teachers that are teaching the class and these teachers don't teach the same methods so the children get confused as to who's method to use at the time. Haven't you heard of a stable family has a productive life and a stable child will have a productive future. please help these children out by not confusing them. Also, at times the staff is also a little too involved in medling in family business.

Posted May 5, 2008

I have found this a fantastic school. The principal is hands on, knowing the names of each of the over 600 students. The staff seems to work well together, developing programs that continue to build from year to year. They also have a great PE and science program. My daughter has been there for 5 years and I am very excited my son will be attending this school next year.

Posted April 8, 2008

I find this school to be a joke. We have 2 kids attending class there and they spend more time having pizza parties & field trips than actually dealing with an appropriate curriculum. Also, they have so many days off during the school year. What happened to going to school to learn???? To me, this place is an elaborate daycare center.

Posted July 9, 2007

Best principle ever. He shows up early and picks up trash from the year, then he works crossing guard duty. he spends his time patroling the halls, works crossing duty again to end the day, and then goes in his office for paperwork. I have even seen him gardening there on weekends. How this man does not have 5 stars from everyone I don't know.

Posted October 15, 2006

I have two children who attend Tremont and I've been thrilled with the growth I've seen in their educational abilities since attending this school. The teacher's have always been available if I have a question regarding my children's schoolwork & I feel comfortable helping out in the class for parties or other occasions. The office staff and Principal are friendly and there if you need them! The only bad thing about this school (if I absolutely had to name something I don't like) is the parking availability, but we live close enough to walk to school, so that doesn't really pose a problem for us. Overall, I'm confident that Tremont is by far the best choice of elementary schools in the entire Dixon Unified School District. Oh, and look at their API scores, wow!!

Posted November 17, 2005

I am satisfied with the overall quality of academic programs and the availability of extracurricular activities but i'm concerned about the quality of teachers on staff. My short experience has shown me that the quality of teacher is essential to my child learning and staying motivated.

Posted April 2, 2004

My child currently attends this school and I have seen no discrimination at all. The principal is very open and available, the office staff is friendly and helpful. I have only had a problem with one teacher out of the 8 we have dealt with. The other 7 were great!

Posted July 24, 2003

I was very disappointed when our child attended this school. There is a definite seperation between white and latino children. The staff seemed uncaring and not interested in going the distance that most educators are willing to take. Staff quite often are heard commenting on parents in a very unprofessional manner.

This school's

(2012)

5 / 10

2 / 10

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school did not meet its schoolwide API target for 2013.
  • This school has not yet met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school did not meet all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

5 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

2 / 10

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 56% in 2013.

85 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

85 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 46% in 2013.

83 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 66% in 2013.

83 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 65% in 2013.

88 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

96 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

95 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

98 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

91 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

92 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students53%

Teacher experience

This school District averageState average
First-year teachers 0%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Adriane Laughter
Special schedule
  • Year-round
Fax number
  • (707) 678-0298

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Individually guided instruction