598 students|Dixon Unified

Bad
Good

The office staff is by far the most unfriendly that I have come across. It seems as though you are completely disrupting them by signing your child out or needing to pick up some paperwork. The new principal this year (2015-2016) is far from a principal. She is not out interacting the students, meeting parents, or even involved in anything. When trying to schedule a meeting with her due to issues in and out of the classroom you have to wait a long time. The school is not safe as any child can just walk off of campus at anytime. The gates are not completely locked throughout the day. T There is not a safe drop off for kids or a plan put into place to provide one. There was a meeting about it but nothing was followed through. My experience with this school has been more than terrible. The staff has no concern for the kids but rather when do they get off of work. The current teachers my child has are not willing to communicate issues with you until it is too late.

I think this school does what they can with what they have. They meet the bare minimum of children and parents expectations. They cater to teaching spanish speaking kids english more than helping my daughter learn math. Seems a little off to me. I took her out of an excellent Vacaville school when we moved here. She was reading halfway through Kindergarten and was doing great in math when I took her out of 1st grade in Vacaville. She only fell behind when they choose to not encourage her to try. Its a new school and she was shy starting out. It caused them to give her a different math test then other kids. I asked her how it made her feel... "like im dumb" IMMEDIATELY I choose to take her out of Tremont. She is ridiculously smart and any school that doesn't see a intelligent child start to "feel" dumb doesn't deserve to teach anyones child anything. They are below average in every way.

I had 2 children attend Tremont from K-6. I have nothing but good things to say about the staff and curriculum. I did enjoy the schedule when the school was year round. I volunteered often and both of my children were honor students.

My child did attend this school several years ago. I deal with this school on a daily basis. Some of the teachers are really wonderful. Otherwise one of the WORST schools ! The front office staff in true Dixon style is rude and snobby. Over the years I have seen so very many kids fall through the cracks who don't get enough intervention or help. On several occasions teachers did not even know there was an I.E.P. in place to help a child.

The staff is amazing, teachers are top notch, curriculum is challenging, student body is diverse, campus is beautiful, and I just can't say enough things about this fantastic school!!!

My daughter has attended Tremont for the last year, and her teacher is simply amazing. She is very caring, sweet and attentive with all the kids. They just did a kindergarten spring performance and it was a great family night. I would recommend this school to anyone.

My daughter started attending Tremont last year when we moved to the area. I love this school and think there is wonderful parent participation. I was welcomed with open arms and feel like I have know the people here forever. The staff and principal are very hands on and know most of the students by name. The teachers welcome and appreciate the time taken to volunteer. We couldn't ask for a better enviornment for our daughter.

Our family moved to Dixon 3 months into the school year. We literally got "rolled eyes" and "are you kidding me-more students?" looks when we came in to register. This attitude carried on throughout the year. We had very different concerns with each of the 2 children, both of which were not taken seriously and dismissed with comments like: there is no help, there aren't any programs like that, NO, and do it yourself. I know that the budget crisis is a real problem, and the cause of the lack of help for these kids. I was dissappointed when I came in to volunteer in the classroom I was turned away-several times. I don't care if I am picking up trash in the room or gum under desks, I want to see how my child is being taught and treated for 7 hours of the day. Moving schools again;(

My daughter just transferred into Tremont from Browns Valley Elementary in Vacaville. The level of work preformed at Tremont is about a half a grade level higher than at Browns Valley. The difference is Browns Valley students are coached all year long to pass the STAR testing. This is why Browns Valley posts higher testing scores. The problem with this is Browns Valley students are falling behind. Too much time wasted on test prep. I prefer a more challenging environment for my child and so far Tremont seems to be a good fit. At the end of the day it comes down to you and your child s teacher. Listen you your child, check their homework and class work if its not up to par 'YOU' are not involved enough.

I am also shocked by the negative reviews of Tremont. Both my children have attended Tremont. One is a senior in high school (who will be attending a very competitive university in the fall) and one is currently in the 5th grade. I love Tremont and couldn't ask for a better elementary school. There has to be story behind their bad reviews.

Last modified Tremont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.