Posted March 07, 2014
I had 2 children attend Tremont from K-6. I have nothing but good things to say about the staff and curriculum. I did enjoy the schedule when the school was year round. I volunteered often and both of my children were honor students.

Tremont Elementary School 1

Posted November 12, 2012
My child did attend this school several years ago. I deal with this school on a daily basis. Some of the teachers are really wonderful. Otherwise one of the WORST schools ! The front office staff in true Dixon style is rude and snobby. Over the years I have seen so very many kids fall through the cracks who don't get enough intervention or help. On several occasions teachers did not even know there was an I.E.P. in place to help a child.

Posted July 27, 2011
The staff is amazing, teachers are top notch, curriculum is challenging, student body is diverse, campus is beautiful, and I just can't say enough things about this fantastic school!!!

Posted April 02, 2011
My daughter has attended Tremont for the last year, and her teacher is simply amazing. She is very caring, sweet and attentive with all the kids. They just did a kindergarten spring performance and it was a great family night. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted August 13, 2010
My daughter started attending Tremont last year when we moved to the area. I love this school and think there is wonderful parent participation. I was welcomed with open arms and feel like I have know the people here forever. The staff and principal are very hands on and know most of the students by name. The teachers welcome and appreciate the time taken to volunteer. We couldn't ask for a better enviornment for our daughter.

Tremont Elementary School 1

Posted August 13, 2010
Our family moved to Dixon 3 months into the school year. We literally got "rolled eyes" and "are you kidding me-more students?" looks when we came in to register. This attitude carried on throughout the year. We had very different concerns with each of the 2 children, both of which were not taken seriously and dismissed with comments like: there is no help, there aren't any programs like that, NO, and do it yourself. I know that the budget crisis is a real problem, and the cause of the lack of help for these kids. I was dissappointed when I came in to volunteer in the classroom I was turned away-several times. I don't care if I am picking up trash in the room or gum under desks, I want to see how my child is being taught and treated for 7 hours of the day. Moving schools again;(

Posted May 05, 2010
My daughter just transferred into Tremont from Browns Valley Elementary in Vacaville. The level of work preformed at Tremont is about a half a grade level higher than at Browns Valley. The difference is Browns Valley students are coached all year long to pass the STAR testing. This is why Browns Valley posts higher testing scores. The problem with this is Browns Valley students are falling behind. Too much time wasted on test prep. I prefer a more challenging environment for my child and so far Tremont seems to be a good fit. At the end of the day it comes down to you and your child s teacher. Listen you your child, check their homework and class work if its not up to par 'YOU' are not involved enough.

Posted May 06, 2009
I am also shocked by the negative reviews of Tremont. Both my children have attended Tremont. One is a senior in high school (who will be attending a very competitive university in the fall) and one is currently in the 5th grade. I love Tremont and couldn't ask for a better elementary school. There has to be story behind their bad reviews.

Tremont Elementary School 0

Posted October 21, 2008
I provide childcare to many students at this school, however based on what my husband and I have seen, we have chosen to send our children to a private school. I have continually been disapointed in the lack of concern for students who struggle with homework. When concerns of learning disabilities are discussed, they are quickly dismissed. My expierience has been that by the time the teachers identify a disability, it seems to be almost too late! The foundation is gone and by the fourth or fith grade it is frustrating for the student, parent, and caregiver to move on. I feel that the school needs to actively be looking for and helping to correct these disabilities. I would suggest being very assertive and do not take no for an answer if your child is really struggling with homework!

Tremont Elementary School 2

Posted October 10, 2008
Tremont is not like any Vacaville school at all. We came from Vacaville 4 years ago, and put our children in Tremont. After coming from an excellent school in Vacaville and walking into this district i have to say very negative things about this school. There is no safe drop off place for parents to drop off their children and pick them up? the teachers come and go. And if they dont come and go they have 2-3 teachers that are teaching the class and these teachers don't teach the same methods so the children get confused as to who's method to use at the time. Haven't you heard of a stable family has a productive life and a stable child will have a productive future. please help these children out by not confusing them. Also, at times the staff is also a little too involved in medling in family business.

Tremont Elementary School
355 Pheasant Run Drive, Dixon, CA  95620
Last modified Tremont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tremont Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top