Downey, CA

Posted July 18, 2011
I've never met a group of teachers that were so dedicated to their students. The pride these teacher have for their school shows in their teaching!!

Posted October 18, 2010
As a parent to a son who is free spirited when it comes to his academics, this school has offered so many tools and resources to help me help him understand the curriculum. He does try but it isn't hard enough, so for this year and next year's Standards testing, I'm putting him in tutoring to build his confidence and scores. Carpenter has wonderful teachers and whatever bad comment you may hear about teachers or this school, well people are entitled to their own opinion but there are many positive aspects to this school too.

Carpenter Elementary School 1

Posted April 30, 2010
I was so disappointed with Carpenter Elementary school. I had my parent conference with my daughters teachers, telling them that she is having problems reading and comprehending, and that she should be failing the class but instead they were passing her . She needed help, but the school was interested in their stats. Her 5th grade teacher continually picked on her, I had a meeting with him, my daughter still complained and so finally i involved the principal only to find out more interesting things that my daughter went through and no one notified me.My daughter was scared to tell me incase that teacher took it out on her. My daughter HATES school now, has same learning problems, low self esteem and does not have any more motivation thanks to a particular Carpenter teacher.

Posted February 08, 2009

Carpenter Elementary School 1

Posted July 15, 2008
I have big concerns about this school. I don't see student improvement from one year to the next. Math, reading and writing should be the biggest area of focus, yet, taking care of teachers is more important than making the school student centered.

Carpenter Elementary School 3

Posted February 21, 2007

Carpenter Elementary School 2

Posted September 01, 2006
The staff cares more about what other schools and the district thinks about them. The students are not #1 importance at this school. Getting the numbers in is more important. Getting higher school test scores is more important than really teaching and having the students learn the information to be able to retain it for the rest of their lives. The students are not treated fairly. You have to be a teachers pet to be able to get far at this school. If your son/daughter is in student body then they will make it well. If they don't get in then they don't get much opportunities. Pass by in the mornings.

Posted January 12, 2006
carpenter school is one of the best schools my granddughters have ever been to my granddaughters live with me and both love school and i give that credit to carpenter the praise their students no matter haoo little or how big the are the best school

Posted June 11, 2004

Carpenter Elementary School
9439 East Foster Road, Downey, CA  90242
Last modified Carpenter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 4-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carpenter Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top