Downey, CA

Posted April 06, 2010
My son has been going to this school for 2 years. i never had a problem, he's had great teachers that care about thier education. they have a great after school program for workin gparents. I'm satisfied.

Gauldin Elementary School 1

Posted November 23, 2009

Posted July 25, 2009
I am a student at East Middle School and a volunteer for the after-school fitness club at Gauldin Elementery School. I liked how the kids learn how to stay in shape, volunteer in the city, and learn how to be leaders. Mr. Alex has been an inspiration to the school. He has been an inspiration to the students because he has been involved with them so much and has given his time for free. He is the best teacher I have ever known.

Gauldin Elementary School 3

Posted May 26, 2009
I do not have a child attending this school, I work for the afterschool program. I must say that the teachers here sacrifice a lot for their students. What this school lacks is parent envolvement. This school is located in the lower income part of the city. There are parents that are dedicated and help their childrent, but I witness more parents that expect their teachers to raise their children. I would say that the staff of Gauldin are great, but many of the teachers are burnt out dealing with children that have behavioral problems and learning disabilties. In order to make this school function to its full potential we need more parent participation,

Gauldin Elementary School 5

Posted April 07, 2009

Posted January 26, 2009
As a father I feel that my son will only do as well as I push him to. I really love the teachers at Gauldin because they sacrifice so much of their time to help me help my son. What I do see at Gauldin are many parents who are quick to point fingers but never commit themselves to working with their kids. My wife and I are so appreciative of Mr. Alex because he has profoundly impacted our son as well as many other students; he is like a second Dad to many kids who come from single households.

Posted January 22, 2009
I wish I could share the same enthusiam as the parents from the previous posts, and truthfully I do not. I read these posts believing this school would be a great place for my child, as he was transferring from a wonderful K-3 school. It's been nothing but disappointment and academic shortfalls within the classroom. As a parent, I'd like to be involved with my child's progress and work everyday. If there are any problems, or signs of trouble, it's good to know immediately, not near the end of the quarter. In fairness, I will mention that the office staff are tremendously helpful and kind, and the janitor is pretty cool too.

Posted August 26, 2008
My daughters have attended Gauldin for the past 4 years. We love the teachers there because they are so commited to meeting the needs of all students. The after school fitness club led by Mr. Alex has helped my daughters lose weight and change their eating habits. I recommend this school to anyone who wants their children to get a well rounded education.

Posted July 30, 2008
My daughter attended kinder here sept 2007-june 2008... She loved her teacher Mr. Desmond...he was a sub the last half of school. I love this school...they do lots of activites with the kids are are excellent in providing the best education for children. I would recommend this school to everyone.

Posted July 09, 2008
I just love the extracurricular activities at Gauldin. I especially like the after school fitness club because it teaches the kids about healthy eating habits and the importance of being physically fit. Students participate in weekend 5k's and community service events. Mr. Gaytan who voluntarily leads the fitness club is a true inspiration to so many of our kids at Gauldin.

Gauldin Elementary School
9724 Spry Street, Downey, CA  90242
Last modified Gauldin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gauldin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top