Posted June 21, 2014
I have taught at RIo Hondo for over 20 years. I love my school, my staff and the parents. I look forward to change this next year and hope to see our rating skyrocket!

Rio Hondo Elementary School 4

Posted September 11, 2012
My son just started school here and I am sooo happy to see all the comments about Mrs. Rackley being a wonderful teacher and now fortunate to say my son will have the opportunity to learn from her class.

Posted October 06, 2010
I agree that Mrs. Rackley is a great Teacher. My daughter had her in the 1st grade, she is now in the 7th, and still loves her. My daughter had eye surgery during her school year with Mrs. Rackley and she made that situation for her just so wonderful. She really cares about her students and I am greatful that my daughter had that experience with her.

Posted April 16, 2008
My son is a first grader at Rio Hondo. His year has been filled with great learning experiences. We feel fortunate to be part of such a fantastic school. His teacher Mrs. Rackley is the best!

Posted March 28, 2008
Rio Hondo is a great school. The teachers are very caring and the PTA is wonderful. I am proud to say that my child goes to this school

Rio Hondo Elementary School 3

Posted July 29, 2005
- a former student

Posted November 08, 2004
I have two children at this school in 5th and 3rd grade and I am quite happy with their development. I volunteer a lot of time at the school as my way of keeping tabs in what is going on and so far I haave not been dissappointed with the school; all teachers are computer literate which is important for me and all are credentialed; the student/teacher ratio is within what I considered normal.

Posted August 23, 2004
Rio Hondo is an excellent school. My son loved it and the teachers were great.

Posted May 03, 2004
- a former student
I am a former stundent and I am now flying by high school with AP classes! Rio Hondo really set me up for middle school and Griffths middle school set me up for high school. I really recommend these schools! Those were some fun years!

Rio Hondo Elementary School 2

Posted March 02, 2004
This school needs help quick. We do have a new principle and hopefully he will take charge. We need to have more parent involvement and extracurricular activities for our children. The school had a skating party and the turn out was so poor. Maybe more notice for the families. We have new swings but definitely not enough. Concerned Parent

Rio Hondo Elementary School
7731 East Muller Street, Downey, CA  90241
Last modified Rio Hondo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rio Hondo Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top