Posted January 20, 2014
Hi, I need advice for this school. I'm highly considering this school because of the early start. Early drop off is ideal for me. My son will be in kindergarten. I read all the feedback and all sounds great. I guess I just need reassuring. Help? I will be a transfer school our home school is Hodge but they don't have the early drop off or the thing together program for the Kindergartners.

Posted October 09, 2013
I love the principal and office staff! As a transfer, I was worried that there would be problems in registering, but they handled everything and were very gracious. The principal is friendly and approachable. Every time I am there I see her walking around talking to students, parents, or staff. My son loves going to school and his reading has improved dramatically in just this last month at this school. I would recommend the school to everyone!

Posted September 23, 2013
I love royal oak. My husband and I could not have picked A better school for our precious little daughter to attend. Thank you to all the proctors and teachers, you all are amazing, thank you

Royal Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted January 14, 2012
I really enjoy sending my nine year old son Royal Oaks. The school has alot of spirit & pride.I really feel like the whole school works together to reach a common goal-do the best for our kids.I can't say enough encouraging things about the Principal Mrs. Komodo ski & Vice, Mrs. Lecrone. I could see them physically doing the best they can do everyday! Thank you- it doesn't go unnoticed. Happy Parent

Royal Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted May 01, 2011
This school is terrible my son be to k that tercher teach and force kid say shut up or foolish so we go to other school don,t go

Posted June 28, 2010
BEST school in Duarte. simply put. especially since the aquisition of our new Prinicipal I have zero complaints ( our previous principal was unaproachable / insensitive to our needs but she's gone! )Excellent academics, outstanding students, very caring teachers, my kids attended a total of 5 yrs with my oldest graduating from 6th grade this year if it wasn't for our poorly rated middle school I would not be moving at all it's unfortunate because I love duarte it has provided a safe environment for my kids... Duarte and Royal Oaks will be missed

Posted April 01, 2010

Posted September 30, 2009
We are new to Royal Oaks this year. Our son has always gone to a very small private school. We decided to enter the public school system this year due to our financial situation. We have been so pleasantly surprised by this school and staff. The principal, Mrs. Kolodinski, is very accessable. She is always walking around the campus and participating in all the different activities around the school. Mind Institue is a fascinating concept and all the extra curricular classes are great! Although it is early in the year, it seems that everytime we go to a meeting or school function, we walk away with an even better impression of Royal Oaks Elementary School.

Royal Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2008

Posted September 07, 2008
My daughter has been attending RO for 3 years and we love it. We really like all the in school extra programs the school offers-mind institute(teaches students to play the piano and use the computer to develop critical thinking skills), and CGI(teaches math in a fun and interactive way). My daughter also loves all the afterschool programs such as chess club, Spanish, kids theatre, science and art in starting this year. The staff has high standards for academics and behavior. I love having a dress code. The kids can focus on learning and not what everyone's wearing. I would like to see the schools technology updated and I will be talking to the new principal and the PTA to see what we can do to make that happen this year. More parents in our community should take a look at the curriculum and all the school has to offer.

Royal Oaks Elementary School
2499 Royal Oaks Drive, Duarte, CA  91010
Last modified Royal Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Royal Oaks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top