Valley View Elementary School 2

Posted June 19, 2014
My son attended this school until we had to switch schools.. While the office staff was approachable and informative, my son's teacher was a disaster. She was obviously overwhelmed, and was unable to effectively control the class. Her methods of discipline were inconsistent and inappropriate for the age group. Put it this way, after I pulled my son out and put him in another school, he no longer cried every morning about going to school.

Posted February 03, 2014
I have one child that attends Valley View and one that has since attended from 1st to 6th grade. This is an amazing school with excellent top notch teachers and a stellar staff. The principal is somewhat new, but has done is doing an amazing job. The PTA is also amazing and offers great variety for all to participate and I just can't say enough, except this school is a hidden gem and we are so blessed to have this opportunity for our children to attend this school. Way to go Dolphins, and "Thank you" PTA for all that you do and are doing.

Valley View Elementary School 2

Posted October 27, 2013
My children attend Valley View. Unfortunately, one of my children has been bullied and the new principle or staff have been unable to prevent it. The principal is not very approachable and you have to request appointments weeks in advance. The new PTA (2013-2104) is openly hostile and not open to new ideas. The parents want to be involved, but don't want to deal with the drama. My children's current teachers are wonderful and that is the only reason we are still here.

Posted August 24, 2013
My daughter attended Valley View all the way from K to 6th grade. The teachers and staff are excellent. The campus is in a beautiful setting right at the foothills and has the advantage of being the smallest school in the district so it has that private school feel. I feel that Valley View has had excellent programs for the kids and has prepared my daughter well for her future education. There is a very active PTA that enhances the opportunities available at the school. The parents are supportive and all in all it is one of the best schools in the San Gabriel Valley.

Posted August 22, 2013
great school.... nestled up to the hills in a quiet community. Great teachers and office staff. nice playground with lots of grass.

Posted January 29, 2011
I could not be more pleased with this school. Everyone is professional, kind and committed to the students. We love the principal, the office staff , the PTA and our teacher.

Posted September 17, 2010
Both my children attend this school. The principal, staff and teachers are all stellar. They all care greatly about the students and it shows. I am so happy that my kids love their school and are doing well because of all the support their receive.

Valley View Elementary School 0

Posted January 20, 2010
I am a teacher at Valley View and to tell you the truth we get the least amount of attention (money) from the district. Because we are so small many of us have to pick up where others schools has hired help.

Posted January 16, 2010
I loved this school so much the staff is a great .I love you all

Posted April 15, 2009
The principal has only been there 2 years and has made to many improvements to list. The atmosphere at the school is welcoming and friendly, making the children and parents want to spend time the there. The office manager, knows every child and takes the time to be friendly with everyone. What a great school!!!

Valley View Elementary School
237 Melcanyon Road, Duarte, CA  91010
Last modified Valley View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top