Dublin, CA
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Greatschools.org is a wonderful place to post a review about a school. I love checking out reviews myself. I know, however, when I am investigating even something as trivial as a new restaurant, to take each review with a grain of salt. It seems that most people who post a review either love or are really dissatisfied with the business they re reviewing. Few people feel compelled to comment when they simply have a satisfying and fulfilling experience. It s the extremes that give folks the urge to post, especially on a website that protects their anonymity. We want everyone to have a fantastic experience at our school and are proud of our commitment to meeting the emotional and educational needs of our students to encourage further social and academic exploration. If a student or parent doesn t have the experience he or she expected we want to make it better, but we can only do so if you take advantage of our open dialogue and let us know. We realize that Quarry Lane isn t for everyone and that families have other choices. We are, however, just right for our 850 families who continue to re-enroll year after year. Additionally, we ve gotten great accolades from Bay Area Parent Magazine readers who voted our School the Best in the East Bay for several consecutive years. This magazine has a readership of over 130,000 in the East Bay and almost 8,000 ballots are completed for the Best of Bay Edition. Please visit our website at www.quarrylane.org and see the news feed that has an updated list of where our students have been accepted to college, a great measure of success. Feel free to contact me any time for any questions you might have. Casey Johnston, Director of Admissions, The Quarry Lane School, cjohnston@quarrylane.org.
March 25, 2014

Posted December 28, 2014
Teachers very helpful,small classes,excell academic,won so many awards from best pre school to high school.

The Quarry Lane School 3

Posted November 11, 2014
I am a parent of a talented and motivated 5th grader at QLS. We have been members of the QLS community since pre-K and have been positively impressed by the curriculum until this year. The new engineering elective is not a true elective. The students must "test" into the class, and if your student does not get placed, then you are stuck without an elective at all, comprising 3 periods per week of "filler" content that teaches little to nothing of relevance. We have decided to leave QLS after this school year, as we cannot justify the tuition based on the quality of instruction provided by the 5th grade curriculum. We have decided to use the $18k we would have spent on QLS tuition next year on extracurricular activities that will advance our child's educational experience beyond what public school offers.

The Quarry Lane School 4

Posted July 24, 2014
I totally agree. Mrs. Brown was a great teacher for my daughter. So was Mr. Chow, the math enrichment and engineering teacher. Where else could you find a school where 4th graders get to take an engineering class? My daughter learned to solve problems because she needed to finish a project, not to finish a worksheet. The "special" classes like music, computers, and engineering really set this school apart from anything else out there.

The Quarry Lane School 4

Posted May 25, 2014
My daughter is in 4th grade and we absolutely love her teacher, Mrs. Brown. My daughter has grown both academically and socially this year due to Mrs. Brown's teaching methods. She teaches the students to be critical thinkers instead of just memorizing facts. The music teacher and computer teacher are also great teachers and wonderful people. My child really feels safe and respected. As long as you don't need to deal with the authoritarian elementary principal, this is a great school.

Posted March 17, 2014
We have two kids at Quarry Lane School (5th and 9th) and we couldn't be happier that we made this school selection. We've been impressed by the staff professionalism, the dedicated teachers and challenging curriculum. My kids are not only challenged out of their comfort zones but enjoy regular and extracurricular offerings that explore and discover their strengths and passions outside the classroom. Additionally, my kids are now excited about Engineering and Robotics, when in the past they used to say math was just too hard. I credit this to the school s focus on teaching kids to solve real-world problems instead of textbook equations. Quarry Lane is also the only private school in the East Bay that offers the International Baccalaureate program, which I d like my children to enroll when they're older. The program focuses on critical thinking and knowledge application, while also encouraging international mindedness, a must have skill for any career in our global world. If you're looking for a stellar, highly-trained staff; challenging curriculum and small school environment, don't enroll your child anywhere else until you check out Quarry Lane.

The Quarry Lane School 3

Posted February 18, 2014
My experience at Quarry Lane School has been positive to varied. My child attended since elementary school and the programs with overall teacher/student ratio and educational/learning rate were very promising. The more experienced teaching staff were very good. My child had an advanced level of comprehension relative to other children in our neighborhood who attend public schools. However since the 3rd grade I have become concerned with a constantly changing/international student body. My child had many friends leave to return to their home country or leave for public school, and as parents we are very concerned about the lack of stability/sustainable friendships. We considered moving our child into their middle school but yet another year of more friends leaving and confirming that the graduating high school class was less than 15 local students and roughly the same number of foreign students, we opted to move to a public school. The move for my child has been very positive; along with having several advance placement classes that continue to provide a challenging learning environment there are also dozens of new friends that will now stay on through high school.

Posted July 25, 2012
Love this school! My daughter learned so much and received the highest eduction we could ask for. So worth it!

Posted March 07, 2012
Choosing a school can be one of the most challenging yet important decisions a parent can make. After meeting with the staff and teachers at QLS I knew I had made the correct choice by sending my daughter there for high school. The school offers a full range of honors courses, AP courses and the opportunity for an IB diploma. I believe Quarry Lane s focus on individual students needs, passionate, knowledgeable teachers and invested, professional administrators make THIS private high school worth every dollar spent on tuition.

Posted February 26, 2012
As a parent at Quarry Lane School, I can attribute the well balanced experience my children have received to the school administration and faculty. I want the best for my children and consider private school as the best way to invest in my children's future. I chose Quarry Lane School for the International Baccalaureate Program they offer. My kids are a step ahead of their neighborhood friends that attend public school and feel confident in my investment at Quarry Lane!

Posted February 09, 2012
We had to move my second grader from another school midyear. Quarry Lane made this potentially stressful and difficult transition extremely smooth for us. I am impressed with their curriculum and professionalism of school administration. There is a very clear communication from school to parents and I feel that our daughter has very clear rules and expectations from her teachers. She is being academically challenged and the structured environment helps her stay focused. I regret not putting my child into Quarry Lane earlier and instead selecting another school.

The Quarry Lane School
6363 Tassajara Road, Dublin, CA  94568
Last modified The Quarry Lane School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
The Quarry Lane School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top