No rating

St. Philip Lutheran School

Private | PK-8 | 150 students

Our school is best known for it's nurturing staff and great curriculum!

Living in Dublin

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $425,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,980.

Posted May 6, 2014

We love St Philip Lutheran School.. Our child has grown in many areas of their development. Thanks to the small class sizes, and nuriting enviroment. The Teachers there are highly motivated. Their doors are always open and welcome you with open arms..

Posted April 30, 2014

St. Philip Lutheran School is the perfect school for our daughter. Prior to attending St. Philip, my daughter used to go to a public school where she was bullied at an early age of 5 (Kindergarten). We decided to move her and we're glad to have found St. Philip. It has a nurturing environment and it helped my daughter regain her self-esteem. She's been attending St. Philip for 2 years now since 1st grade and she's made a lot of good friends. She enjoys going to school everyday. The principal, teachers, and staff are dedicated. Due to its small size, the teachers are able to focus on the needs of each student. Students who are more advanced are given extra challenges, while students who need more help are given the attention they need. I'm really impressed with their curriculum (e.g. book reports starting at 1st grade; challenging math problems; creative and persuasive writing at 2nd grade). I highly recomment this school. My daughter once told me, "Mommy, I love my school. Thank you for bringing me to St Philip." That's why I know this is the perfect place for her.

Posted April 30, 2014

We have a 5th and 3rd grader in their second year at St. Philip. My son had issues with bullying in public school that took a toll on his self esteem and grades. Since attending here, his self esteem has skyrocketed, his grades went from almost failing to A's and B's, and he enjoys school again. PE and recess are no longer aggressive forms of competition for either of my children, but there is encouragement and guidance from other students, even students from the upper grades helping students in lower grades. The class sizes allow for teachers to challenge the students who are ahead while giving extra attention to those who need it. This also allows teachers a chance to have better communication with the parents. The principal and her staff are all second to none, each of them are very caring and they all go above and beyond during the school day and for after school activities. I'm very proud to be part of the SPLS family.

Posted April 29, 2014

I have three boys who attend St Philips, ages are 5,8,10. The school has small classroom sizes. The teachers and the other staff are amazing.The school is like a small community everyone is so nice and friendly... Parent are very involved in the school. Very very good school.

Posted April 29, 2014

What a great school. They have small class sizes which leads to a very personalized education.

Posted April 29, 2014

St. Philip is a n amazing school and serves the children of the tri-valley at an affordable rate! Teachers and staff are very committed to helping each child grow and be successful. A great deal of one-on-one time is given and the students gain a great amount of self-confidence in this environment. I am a seasoned teacher and am happy to be at such a nurturing and loving school. The school community is amazing! This school is a real gem!

Posted April 28, 2014

Our daughter has been at St. Philip for almost 2 years now and will also be attending K 14-15 school year . The class sizes are small for each child to get some one on one attention .

Posted April 7, 2014

This is a wonderful school. My sons both go here (k and 3rd) and the attention that the teachers provide is something very special. They know every child in the class intimately; the small class sizes and personal attention ensure that the education customized to each students unique needs. I highly recommend this school to anyone wishing great teaching, a personalized learning environment and caring staff.

Posted April 7, 2014

St. Philip is a wonderful place. The class sizes are great! Students are given a lot of individual attention, due to the small class sizes. Classes are able to have special events, trips and projects, also due to the smaller sizes. Yet, the education they receive is far from small. My daughter receives a wonderful education and we are looking forward to a wonderful future as well. The teachers really care about the students as people. They get to know them and want to educate the whole child, academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually. Teachers also take the time to get to know the family. Most of the teachers are present and helpful at all school events. The principal is a good leader and has a strong staff working with her. The parents that are involved are wonderful and do a lot of work. The students that attend are great. There is a real family feel around St. Philip. Many families know each other throughout the school and are always willing to help each other when needed. This school is a great addition to the community and I am so glad we are part of it. Being small does not slow them down; they still offer sports and many activities for the students.

Posted April 7, 2014

St Philip school is awesome! The teachers are very kind hearted and loving. Mrs Packard (the principal) is awesome as well. My daughter loves going to school each week and counts down the days when she will be going back to school. With that said I definitely know she is in good hands. The school is gated and the teachers are well trained to not let the children go with just anyone. I love that!

Posted April 7, 2014

St. Philip is a great place to learn and grow! We offer an excellent Christ centered academic education in a loving environment where our children can thrive. We are a very close knit community and are truly a family; continually supporting and caring for one another. Each and every child is safe, secure and given so much to ensure that they learn and excel academically, spiritually, emotionally and physically. The kids love is here and I love working here. This school has small class sizes, ensuring that your child receives the attention that they deserve and need to excel. Our children receive a well rounded education, become involved in helping their community, serve those in need, grown in their relationship with our Lord and are prepared scholars for what lies ahead. Please stop by and visit our special school and come for a tour to see what we are about! St. Philip easily receives 5 stars without a doubt!

Posted April 7, 2014

We love this school, but most importantly my daugter who goes to the preschool loves it and is always eager to go. They do a lot of fun projects and learn a lot of skilks. The teachers know all the students well and give individual attention. The preschool is very affordable.

Posted May 14, 2013

We have been at St. Philip for the past seven years and have been so happy with the education our three children received. The teachers and staff, even ones who haven't had my children in class, know our family by name and have made it such a welcoming place. My kids were prepared well by the preschool for kindergarten, and were taught foundations of faith that made an impact on them. They work hard to connect the entire student body to each other. The community here is truly rich. I feel that St. Philip is a special place where children are loved, accepted and blossom into the unique people they are created to be.

Posted May 3, 2013

St. Philip has been a wonderful blessing for our family. Our son has been in the school since Kindergarten (a Full time K is what we were looking for) and the years he has gone there have all been wonderful. He loves the schools and is happy to know that each teacher looks out for him. Also the small class size, has really helped him with his subjects and get personalized attention to address where he excels and where he needs help. The school fosters a community feeling among all the grades, so the students interact as one big family. We are truly lucky to have found such a wonderful nuturing environment for our son to grow in.

Posted April 26, 2013

This is a wonderful small school. The small class sizes and wonderful teachers and staff make this school a great place to work and to attend. All staff are caring, loving and nurturing making this school one of a kind. The faculty truly cares about every child allowing the children to feel at home to blossom in their academics, gain self confidence and self esteem. This is truly a once in a lifetime experience that should not be missed.

Posted April 17, 2013

St. Philip is a wonderful school with a real "family" feel. Children blossom in thier accedemics, self-confidence, and spirituality while attending SPLS. It is a small, nuturing environment with talented and caring teachers! I am thankful to be part of this school family!

Posted April 17, 2013

When we set out to look at privates schools, we were surprised that so many had class sizes just as big as public! Then we found St Philip. My children have been at St Philip since preschool, and it is a very special place. Small classes and a dedicated teaching staff mean exceptional quality, Christ-centered education, and lots of fun extras like basketball, track, movie nights and ice cream socials. SPLS families are down-to-Earth, funny and kind people who want the best for their kids, and Mrs Packard is a caring and involved principal with unmatched experience as an educator and administrator. I'll be happy to have my kids here through junior high.

Posted April 17, 2013

St. Philip's is a real jewel of a school here in Dublin. The low teacher - student ratio is a real treasure in today's world of budgets cut backs and the raising teacher - student ratio. I have only observed caring and committed teachers, staff and administration. The school is a safe environment for all children to grow and learn not only academically but spiritually, socially and emotionally. I wish all children could experience a small learning environment such as this.

Posted November 5, 2012

Forewarning my children DO NOT attend here. However, I have wanted my children to attend in the past. I have toured as well as my husband... I also have friends whose children attend this school. However, every time I visit, it is not very friendly. The receptionist looks so scattered and almost acts as if i am making a mistake by being there. It may be due to the fact I look young, although I am not... I have always felt uneasy when almost registering my children. First second and third impressions can make or break influential decisions, in this case it has: My kids will not be attending this school.

Posted May 18, 2012

I highly recommend St Philip School. I'd suggest you make an appointment to come visit and interview the teachers and students. Come and observe for yourself. Our family has attended St Philip elementary school for two years so far. The teachers are so amazing. One of many great things about this school is parents get feedback from the teachers not only on the students' ongoing test results and progress, their strengths, and their behaviors, but also areas needed improvements on. They find ways to deliver lessons effectively and creatively. When the students already meet and exceed the state and school expectation, the teachers challenge the students to the higher levels. The students like it because they are proud of themselves. I believe that a good learning starts from early years of school. Better build a strong learning foundation so the kids don't get lost or discouraged with education. The school principal is always on top of things. Our family is returning to this school next year. We're also coming to the summer sessions. We hope you'd consider joining SPLS community. It's all about kids and their future.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 14% 11%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff French
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • WASC (2012)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services
  • Differentiated learning programs

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Mrs. Trudy Packard
Best ways for parents to contact the school
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Lutheran Church (Missouri Synod)
Associations
  • WASC
Fax number
  • (925) 829-6672

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge
  • I-20 school
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher

• Drama
Media arts
  • Computer animation

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Girl scouts

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor