Bad
Good

Our school is Excellent! My child attended John Green for 6 years, from K-5, and we could not have had a better experience at the grade school level. The teachers are amazing, Mr Nomura (the principal) was actively involved & engaged, & we always had parents to help when needed.

I agree with the post on 3/13/2010. This school has a way to go when it comes to children that need special resource. My child needs some additional help in reading. We ended up hiring a private tutor because she was not getting the assistance she needed in school with her day to day studies. I feel that the teachers are trying, but with the number of studends in their classroom it is very easy for these children to fall thru the cracks.

Great teachers. involved parents. Great atmosphere. "Learning" is the main thrust here and so there is a lot of collaboration done. I've been real happy with this school!

My son started kindergarten this fall, and I am very impressed with the quality of his teacher, curriculum, and the homework assignments. I have compared my child's homework assignments with friends who have Kindergarteners and 1st graders in the Saratoga and Fremont school districts, and John Green kindergartners are performinging at their 1st grade level. There is great parent involvement through the PFC; consequently, valuable and constructive school and community programs. I am quite pleased and happy with John Green. I hope that experience will be the same as my boys progress through K-5.

We have been disappointed with Green ES. The higher grade levels switch teachers for almost every subject, but parents only have contact with the homeroom teacher. Our son required remedial help but there was no effort from any of the four teachers to address this. Thankfully, we did have a welcoming response from the principal when we addressed our concerns. Bottom line, the teachers have too many children in class and all efforts seem to be geared towards getting as many kids through the system as possible.

Great public school to have kids go to. Good caring Teachers, Principal and staff. Great involvement of parents. PFC funds are wisley used and carefully evaluate each option that is best for kids academically.

This is probably one of the better run public schools I've experienced - having lived in 3 different states. Excellent teachers in every grade and a commitment to challenge the children accordingly and actually teach beyond the standards, which unfortunately is what you get wtih many public schools. Outstanding school overall with a very high level of parental involvement, a great PFC, and a very good environment for the children.

The teachers are dedicated and the parents are supportive. It has exceeded my expectations.

Great school. Great teachers. My son learned a lot during his Kindergarten year. The teacher also taught them to have a good habit of doing homework at this very early stage. The PFC is very good too. A lot of good activities going on.

Great school, great layout, lots of learning going on.

Last modified John Green Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.