Dublin, CA

Harold William Kolb 2

Posted June 11, 2014
Its only been five months But I am not pleased. 2nd grade is a breeze ... no challenges and very minimal homework. I hope academics do become serious in 3rd grade !! Not very happy :(

Posted May 12, 2014
This school has become the one of Distinguished California schools within 3 yrs of its start which is an amazing victory. All this could not have been possible without the wonderful students, caring teachers & responsible staff & cooperative parents. Way to go Kolb, you made DUSD proud already.

Posted December 26, 2013
kolb elementary. This is our first year here. We lucked out and have an excellent caring teacher, Ms. Lewis. Parent involvement could be better. Would like to see more extracurricular activities.

Posted October 03, 2013
We moved to Dublin this year. The school seems to be perfectionist. I love the way Principal and Vice principal are out in the mornings and afternoon to welcome the kids along with traffic issues. In any of the school and parents forum.......principal is all detailed and open to suggestions.My son's teacher is so good that my son was saying the other day that " now I love do my homework...she gives a lot of challenging work". I simply like it. Everything is so streamlined.

Posted August 30, 2013
My kid attended Kindergraten here and I am very happy with his growth and learning. Looking forward to similar response in 1st grade.

Harold William Kolb 3

Posted April 26, 2013
*High academic performance by students *Diversity not very balanced *Lacks community presence - At City of Dublin parade for Kolb less than 25 students showed *Principal is uninvolved - she never came to City of Dublin parade Kolb and only 1 or 2 teachers came. *NO differentiated spelling/vocab curriculumn - ALL students have the same vocab. My child in second grade is learning easier words than she did in 1st grade at another school. *School work is too easy in second grade then all of sudden in 5th grade, the work becomes MUCH more complex and students are loaded with one project after another on top of homework everyday. *The lack of a sense of community; lack of community involvement; the principal and teachers unwillingness create a strong sense of identify and community around the school or the lack of attachment; and academically, the lack of differentiated course structures for each grade is very disappointing!!!

Posted March 26, 2013
Excellent school ! The Principal and Teachers are dedicated to making this the best school in the area. I see their sense of purpose and urgency. Parents do have to get involved with the kids' homework though. As it should be, the academics are robust, homework is challenging. My kids are very happy there.

Posted March 17, 2013
Growing school that is quickly becoming populated due to new development. Excellent teachers and principal. Supplemental educational programs in line with school district supported.

Harold William Kolb
3150 Palermo Way, Dublin, CA  94568
Last modified Harold William Kolb is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harold William Kolb Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top