Dublin, CA
Students enrolled: 1,653

Dublin High School 1

Posted March 07, 2015
Wish I could give this school minus 5 stars!! Academically Dublin High has alot to offer however due to rampant bullying cliques the school is deficient in providing students a safe learning environment. I enrolled my child there in Dec. of 2013. He was new to the Dublin schools. A group of bullies constantly harassed him. He had dirty water thrown on him, was pantsed and taunted daily. The school officials were supposedly concerned , however when it came to disciplining the offenders (or holding them accountable) there were no real consequences. Not once, was there ever a class on "bullying an assembly or information sent home regarding bullying. The administrators right up to the superintendent (whom I spoke with several times) give lip service instead of proactively making the school a safe and pleasant environment for students to receive an education. I would never ever recommend any child go to Dublin High School.
3 people found this helpful

Posted September 29, 2013
Dublin High School recently had a lot of renovations/new structures due to bonds provided by the Dublin homeowners. New gym, stadium, theater, class rooms, cafeteria. This is totally different from Dublin High if you look at reviews 2-3 years ago. Major renovation has been done as well new programs are added. There is now an engineering track that helps students who wants to pursue engineering course during college. Students are now more diversed and parents are more involved. DHS even surpassed one of the HS across town in terms of API grades and score here at greatschools. My son graduated here and my youngest son is now a freshman. I would recommend this school to everybody, if you live across town you will sometimes hear pleasanton parents trying to transfer their son to DHS, that's the truth. Check it out first if you want to see the improvements that's currently happening, it looks world class now.

Posted September 25, 2012
This is an excellent school. I have been going here for a few years now, and it is amazing. Although it is smaller than the other schools in the area, due to the diverse student body and many Clubs/Organizations/Sports, I have made many new friends from different backgrounds, which has given me many off-campus opportunities and achievements. I never feel socially intimidated at all, and it is a very safe campus, barely any fights, arguments etc The Engineering program is great, the equipment + material is modern, and there are new classes added every year.. Most of my classes are Advanced/AP, and I find that it is alot easier to get into those vs. other schools, because our class sizes are much smaller (as low as 15 kids). Of course those are difficult, but it is leveraged with the helpfulness of the teachers, most teachers who teach these will be willing to tutor you 1:1 after school, and there are things like peer tutoring and Tutoring University the evening before Math tests, free of charge. Like any high school, there are groups of kids that can influence you badly. There are VERY few, but you should know how to act around them and make good decisions.

Posted September 16, 2011
I love Dublin High. The courses are really challenging but the teachers are willing to do anything to help you. I even started a gymnastics club, a new addition to the roster of about 50 clubs! I am on the volleyball team, which is so fun, and have straight A's. The only downside is the seniors get EVERYTHING, but I suppose I won't be complaining when I'm a senior. Overall, I would recommend this school to everyone.

Dublin High School 4

Posted August 17, 2011
Dublin High is a great school academically. It definitely is aimed at challenging students and offers a wide variety of classes to choose from. With the teachers though it's really a hit-or-miss; they're either really good, or not so good.

Dublin High School 2

Posted July 29, 2011
This school is great academically. But it's hard to stay focused at Dublin high because of all the social cliques and unecessary distractions. The teachers are very educated and kind. They're willing to give their time up to tutor and help students. Even with these great opportunities I wouldn't recommend Dublin high because it's easy to get caught up with the wrong people and it ruined my future.

Posted March 13, 2011
I attend this school and love it. I am a senior and have gone here all four years. Almost all of the teachers are really good. Most are willing to come in before or stay after school to help with any problems in class or outside of class. Though a growing school and campus everyone feels very at home. The campus supervisors and administration help everyone feel like they are welcome on campus.

Posted October 23, 2010
This is excellent school compared to neighborhood schools. Excellent curriculum, new technology, great teachers and great counselors. Lot of AP courses to choose. Good growth over the past two years. This school will emerge as #1 very soon in Dublin, San Ramon and Pleasanton area.

Dublin High School 0

Posted March 08, 2010
I am very pleased with all Dublin High School has to offer. Before moving to Dublin in 2006, My children were enrolled in private schools since they were in Kindergarten. I did research before we moved out here for both private and public schools. I decided to enroll them in the Dublin Unified School district due to the quick , thorough and informative response I received from the DUSD. Five years later I am VERY pleased with the outcome of my decision. My son graduated from DHS in 2009, and my Daughter is in her Junior year at DHS. I am pleased with academics, activites and support and enoouragement the school has to offer the students. Thank You!

Posted February 01, 2010

Dublin High School
8151 Village Parkway, Dublin, CA  94568
Last modified Dublin High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dublin High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top