East Palo Alto, CA

Ronald Mcnair Academy 2

Posted November 29, 2008
Teachers are excellent and work very hard. However, they are overworked and rarely given breaks.

Ronald Mcnair Academy 4

Posted August 23, 2008
I have taught at Edison Brentwood Academy for two years and love every minute of it. Nothing compares to this schools dedication from all the teachers and staff. Our parents and students are always #1. I have taught at a few schools previous to Edison Brentwood Academy, and none of those experiences compare to this schools wonderful atmosphere to teachers, staff, parents, and students. As a teacher I love coming to school everyday because I know my co-workers are enjoying their experience here as well. It truly is a community of learners, dedicated to the success of all students. As much as I love the school and the staff, I do however feel that the school itself is run down. The school district does not put as much effort into this school as they do other schools in Ravenswood.

Ronald Mcnair Academy 5

Posted August 23, 2008
I cant ask for better teachers who care for my kid as much as this school. I drop my kid off at school every morning knowing he is in good hands.

Ronald Mcnair Academy 1

Posted July 01, 2008
I taught for just one year at Brentwood and was glad to leave. The principal never showed support for teachers nor students. This school was only out for 2 things and that was money and high test scores. No matter what if the students didn't recieve high test scores they and the teacher were repremanded. The principal would turn teacher against teacher and in front of the whole staff state how lousy a teacher was doing. There has yet to be a teacher stay at Edison Brentwood for more the 2 years at a time. I would never allow my children to attend such a poorly ran school and I will never again work for this school.

Posted December 02, 2007
I am ashamed to have taught at this school. Teachers are exhausted and discouraged, and they take out their fear and frustrations on the students. The school does not provide a 'world-class' education. It provides rote memorization and drilling on an exhausting schedule with very little education beyond Reading, Writing, and Math.

Ronald Mcnair Academy 5

Posted September 11, 2007
I have worked at Edison Brentwood for many years and have watched it grow and flourish. Students are held to a high level of educational expectation and are rewarded by their continued success on academic benchmarks set both by Edison and the state of California. Brentwood has had stability for many years now, being lead by the wonderful Ms.Witwer, and has made adequate progress on state mandated testing. Edison Brentwood does provide music, physical education and technology classes for all students, which allows for a well-rounded education. Our library which students visit weekly is a wonderful place for them to continue their love of reading. Our teachers are all highly qualified and meet regularly to support each other and provide equal access to a quality education for all students. Parents are very supportive of the school and have taken an active role in their student s education. They have openly, and vocally fought to keep the school from moving when faced with the district s desire to move it. I love working at Brentwood and look forward to having my own children attend.

Posted September 10, 2007
I do not believe this school has an adequate environment for children or teachers. The Edison Model emphasizes more learning time, but is suppose to incorporate music, art, P.E., and Library, those things have yet to be incorporated. I do not recommend this school to parents or to teachers that applied. I taught for two years there and was thankful when I finally left.

2033 Pulgas Avenue, East Palo Alto, CA  94303
Last modified Ronald Mcnair Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ronald Mcnair Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top