Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Aspire East Palo Alto Charter School 1

Posted November 04, 2015
Ms. Lewis is an amazing 1st grade teacher very sweet, patient, and caring however the schools curriculum is horrible. My son came from RocketShip charter school in San Jose and has always been very advanced. They would give him a packet of homework for the week and often change their curriculum. At Aspire my 6 year old is not challenged at all. His given a journal to write two sentences for the last two months. He's lost interest in school and hates to go there. In addition, I was late to pick him up one day after school and i found my son alone on the lawn. The staff in the office had no idea he was there. It's been my experience that the school staff doesn't do there best to insure the kids safety.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted November 04, 2015
They dont have a strong connection with their students when it comes to respect and ethics as i have seen in other charters.

Posted September 25, 2015
My kindergarten graduated knowing how to write and read. Now as a first grader, she has learned academics and social emotional. Great school which are not only worried about students attending college but also want students to be a successful community member.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 25, 2015
Mr. Steve is a legend to all the kids coming and going. Thank you for giving yourself to our children!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted September 25, 2015
Students must be prepared for college and need to be used to working hard throughout their lives.

Posted May 28, 2012
It is an honor to work at EPACS, and be part of changing the odds for our students, their families, and our community! EPACS is an inspiring place to be. Daily, our families and students amaze me, and our staff members encourage me to continue to better my practice. This is a phenomenal school, and I wish every student had the opportunity to attend a school like EPACS.

Posted January 31, 2012
Wow! I have never felt more blessed than I do working at EPACS. I am proud of the hard work my students and colleagues do every day. All of the teachers care deeply for our students. We will do what ever it takes to see them succeed. Our kids will be ready for college and equipped to come back to East Palo Alto to make a real change in their community. EPACS - where Every Person will Attend College Someday!

Aspire East Palo Alto Charter School 4

Posted October 04, 2010
My son is brighter, retains school work very well and is a better student since he has been going to this school. Wonderful Teaching TEACHER's!!!!

Posted April 22, 2010
East Palo Alto Charter is a model school. It is helping at-risk students perform very well academically.

Posted January 03, 2008
My daughter has been at EPAC since 5 years. I know most of the teachers and I feel they are very dedicated to the kids.I have found the teachers at EPACS very approachable and willing to think outside the box. I really appriciate the 5th grade teachers.(They Rock!)

1286 Runnymede Street, East Palo Alto, CA  94303-1332
Last modified Aspire East Palo Alto Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.