Grossmont Middle College High School 0

Posted June 18, 2008
My child was successful academically before going to GMCHS, but seemed unhappy. He was very shy and had difficulty befriending other students. Within a few months at Middle College, he started spending time with other students and participating in extra cirriculars. The required internship was a bit inconvenient. The school does not place students or provide them with transportation to their internships, so he ended up doing something he was only moderately interested in due to his busy schedule.

Posted January 09, 2008
Without this school, I would have dropped out of high school altogether. We're all parked in the same parking lot because we share the college campus with all of the other students who go to Grossmont College. We also are expected to adhere to the GUHSD dress code and any exceptions are overshadowed by the fact that we deserve a bit more freedom and respect as young adults than your typical teenager. The life of a Middle College student is that of a college student. We don't have many extra cirriculars because we have upwards of four or five courses for which to study and our required internship. Plus, many of the students at GMCHS work part or full-time as well. I owe much more than thanks to the GMCHS staff because without them and this programme, I'm not sure how much longer I would have lasted at my previous school.

Posted August 16, 2007

Grossmont Middle College High School 4

Posted December 08, 2005
Excellent opportunity for students to excell, but tends to dominate student's entire life. There aren't many extracurricular activities but an internship is required. My child frequently complains that the high school classes aren't difficult enough.

Posted January 26, 2005
this is the best program for high school students in san diego.

Grossmont Middle College High School 2

Posted January 05, 2005
- a former student

Grossmont Middle College High School 4

Posted August 07, 2004

Grossmont Middle College High School 3

Posted July 14, 2004
There definitely needs to be a dress code at this school. As I waited in the parking lot I noticed that the majority of the students drove very nice / expensive cars while the teachers had run down vehicles. It was so sad to see. And they were all parked in the same parking lot! The appearance of the school was very nice but the issue with the clothing was way too much!

Grossmont Middle College High School
8800 Grossmont College Drive, El Cajon, CA  92020
Last modified Grossmont Middle College High School is a Public school that serves grades 11-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grossmont Middle College High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.