Posted December 14, 2011
I teach college science and have known some of the teachers at Foothills Christian High School for over 10 years When my sons were having academic struggles at public high school, I enrolled them in FCHS. I noticed immediately an improved attitude toward academics. My sons are also making better peer choices. Furthermore, I am noticing their public statement of faith. As a parent, I am able to see almost immediately when homework assignments are not completed through online grading that is easy to use. Betty Goodman is guidence councelor and a strong leader who challenges my sons. Chapel on Tuesday is good. It is hard to fully appreciate my older teens as they go through these difficult years. However, I notice they are developing critical thinking skills, synthetic abilities concerning world views, and interests that may lead them into careers. For improvement of my sons' attitude toward academics, I rate FCHS very high.

Posted July 19, 2011
The first bad review from a student is farther from the truth . This school fully prepared my kids for college and really grounded then with integrity and responsibility. They are also very strong in their faith and love for God because of the bibilical teaching their. As a parent I would highly recommend this highschool. Great sports program too.

Foothills Christian High School 2

Posted March 14, 2011
As a current student at foothills i am not prepared for anything regarding college. This school is horrible. The school counselor doesn't even give you the classes you ask for. There isn't enough teachers to make the class schedule consistent. Last year as a junior i didn't have a first period and then i had to TA (teachers assistant) another period which made my day longer and also made it so i had two periods of wasting my time. The whole dress code is based on favorites. Some girls can wear whatever they want while the same day another girl is wearing a similar thing and she gets into trouble. From freshmen year to now my senior year i have probably seen ten teachers not even knowing how to teach the class they were hired to teach. The school is out of date and depressing. Cock roaches and various other bugs creep through the halls. Kids deface school property on a regular basis. If you are looking for a safe drug free environment for your kid don't even bother, because the kids that get kicked out of other schools for drugs and fighting all get accepted here. I was once told by the Vice principal that i don't love jesus because i had four tardies. Foothills School for Failure.

Foothills Christian High School 0

Posted April 12, 2010
My daughter loves this school so much and she lives her teachers. She is challenged while stlill keeping up her A grades.

Posted April 02, 2010
An amazing school. My daughter attends now. She loves this school!

Foothills Christian High School 0

Posted January 11, 2008
Foothills (formely Venture) is a school for students with discipline, its part time homeschool with Friday-Monday off. The teachers are okay, Mr Newkirk is a teacher that you would want to have, he pushes his students to succed and not to give up. His class is really hard and even though I failed it I would still want to take his class again. Parents also need to be on their kids about homework on their off days... The sports program has improved but the P.E curriculm is weak and lacks really physical activity and education. The School didn't really prepare me for college but it did help me socially as classrooms are culturly diverse. The school is extremley strict and religious, so make sure you are on the same page before attending. I suggest you take a day to be on campus druing an assembly before making the decison to attend.

Posted November 07, 2007
- a former student
As a former student and presently attending college I believe that the education and experience I received at Foothills Christian High more than prepared me for college. The teachers were open and supportive of any inquiries I ever had and I felt invited into the classroom discussions and their offices.

Posted May 12, 2007
- a former student
I graduated from Venture Christian in '05! The school is great. The school leaders are amazing and truly care about the students. It is a great small school with a very healthy christian enviornment.

Foothills Christian High School
2321 Dryden Road, El Cajon, CA  92020
Last modified Foothills Christian High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Foothills Christian High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top