Posted June 03, 2014
One of the best schools I have ever been a part of. My kids have excelled in every aspect of their education and are completely fluent in both Spanish and English. This is something that no other school can claim. I can not even imagine my children at a regular public school. The amount of devotion and hard work by the staff and principles is unparalleled and just amazing. My kids love to learn and are ready for college straight out of middle school I am confident that they would hold their own with the preparation they have received at EJE. Thanks Delia for your love and dedication to your work. The Future of our children.

Posted January 14, 2014
I have 3 children at this school. My son who is in 6th grade has been at this school since kinder. The teachers are loving and compassionate. Delia is a prime example of a principal who inspires a love for school and learning. Delia and the middle school principal, Ms. Rivera stand at the gate each morning and greet every student by name and with a hug. All three of my children are now fluent in Spanish and my little one is only in kinder. She is already reading and writing in Spanish. I am beyond happy and elated with this school. Yo recomiendo esta escuela!!!!!!!!!

Posted November 06, 2013
My soon went into school with a speech delay/impediment aster olive year he was not only cleared from his IEP, but becoming bilingual in two languages. He us now a fourth grader and stays in after school program that gives him tutoring, play time and aces to clubs. They are a relatively new school approx 10 yrs old but are keeping up with technology and keeping parents involved. I complain that i wish the Website was more up to date but it's getting there they are doing automated calls with important information. You have the small community feeling at the events and even for a parent who doesn't get to be involved as much add shed like, i know who people are.

Eje Elementary Academy Charter 1

Posted November 04, 2013
I think it's odd that teachers come to your home and do a home assessment like they are a welfare check. I've never seen a teacher from San Diego School District do that. They even offer to drive your child home in their personal car! That's just crossing the line! At a normal school you would get fired and investigated for something like that!

Posted May 16, 2013
This school takes education seriously! the teachers are totally dedicated and are on site all day. They visit the child at their home, answer emails when we have a question. The school is giving our daughter tutoring everyday and she is soaring! The days are long for her, but we love that she gets so much help learning the language, which is huge for us because we are only English speakers in our home. The Principle is amazing and helpful, very approachable. The staff really loves and believes in the school and kids.

Posted April 06, 2013
EJE is a great school, has great teachers, and great parent involvement. Happy to have my kids at EJE

Eje Elementary Academy Charter 4

Posted November 07, 2012
I love that this school is Spanish-English but I feel like the curriculum is far too intense for a 5 year old. A 7 hour school day and an hour of homework is over kill for someone who is just out of toddler years. Though it is nice I am able to contact her teacher easily and keep in touch regarding my child's progress. Parents are also required to be very involved in the school, which is great but can be difficult for working parents. I am grateful that my child is able attend this school but just wish they had more realistic expectations.

Posted March 30, 2011
My daughter has gone to this school since it opened. She was in first grade. The level of education she gets from that school far surpasses most schools. The teachers care if she succeeds and will actually text me in the middle of class if she doesnt turn in homework. The school offers tutoring when kids need help. The teachers are also very willing to listen to suggestions by parents. My daughter is in sixth grade and talks to me about colleges she would like to attend. I have nieces that are in middle school in el cajon who are only into boys and gossip. I am greatful to EJE academy for putting the kids first!!!!

Posted November 15, 2010
I'm Jonnah, a student at this school for 2 years and almost everybody knows me.This school is organized and also is not violent.Both principals' are very hard working and they help any middle school and elementary students in need. My 7th grade teacher is the best teacher that you can have for that grade.The teachers of all EJE classes are willing to give their time to make sure that you won't fail in life. The curriculum for all grades is at an advanced level, tutoring is offered for those in need and the school offers sports and activities too. I hope this information helps anyone to make a decision to go to this school - my favorite school!

Posted November 08, 2009
EJE is an excellent school for my daughter. The teachers are very dedicated to the students academic success, the goals are above state level. Friendly, enthusiastic environment to learn. The double immersion languange model that is followed is a great way to teach, it works. Absolutlely satisfied.

Eje Elementary Academy Charter
851 South Johnson Avenue, El Cajon, CA  92020
Last modified Eje Elementary Academy Charter is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eje Elementary Academy Charter Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top