Foothills Christian Jr. High School 5

Posted November 17, 2014
As a long time public educator I was pleasantly surprised by the rigor and support provided every student at Foothills. My children have benefitted greatly from teachers who care deeply, give authentic and accurate feedback and provide constant support. There is a commitment by staff to bring out the best in every kid and avoid labeling and limiting children. My husband is a former public ed administrator and I hold a masters in ed leadership. We can attest that THIS school is a gem in every way. If you are looking for better than our low ranked public schools and you want to truly prepare your kids to be college ready, this is a a school worth consideration. Kids are taught accountability and really grow academically, socially anf spiritually.

Foothills Christian Jr. High School 2

Posted September 30, 2014
Let me first say, there are many wonderful, Christian teachers at this school. However, I have to echo most of the previous comments, we found the curriculum to be very dull, rote learning, and quite overwelming at the middle school level. The students here spend their days reading very traditional textbooks, memorizing, and taking tons of tests. It was challenging to find much free time for after school activities as the amount of homework and studying expected was almost unbearable. We, like many families, loved the elementary school, but the middle school has so much need for improvement. The overall concept of this unique schooling option has a lot of potential to be great if the curriculum and the work load could be changed.

Foothills Christian Jr. High School 5

Posted November 06, 2013
We absolutely LOVE Foothills Christian Jr. High and are so grateful for the Christian emphasis and environment!!! The faculty and staff are absolutely amazing and genuinely care about the spiritual and educational growth of their students. Our daughter is thriving in this environment and making great friends with students who also want to serve God. Our last school was plagued with bullies and it has been so refreshing to watch our daughter thrive with new friendships. Daily, she comes home happy and full of joy! What a tremendous blessing to our daughter and family!! This year, the school moved into its brand new facility; it's beautiful! The teachers have large classrooms; yet the number of students per class remains small and manageable. The Bob Jones Curriculum is outstanding! In an effort to abide by the California State requirements of Common Core, they have developed the curriculum to compliment each course while still teaching from a Christian world view. For instance, if they are learning about Creation in Bible, they are also discussing Creation vs. Evolution in Science and using proper sentence structure about Creation in English/Grammar. LOVE FCJH

Foothills Christian Jr. High School 2

Posted May 02, 2013
I appreciate the information give about the curriculum this school uses. We are looking for a Junior High School for our son next year and was considering this school until I read some of the reviews. Currently, I home school my three children. Last year we used the Bob Jones Curriculum because its Biblically based. However, I was so disappointed in it that we decided to change curriculum half way through the year. We invested a good amount of money into the three different grades by purchasing the BJ material, but ended up with a lose. The curriculum is NOT for most learners. It is very dry and focuses on memorizing the text. Each of my three children hated it and begged to change material. For this reason, I will not consider this school.

Foothills Christian Jr. High School 1

Posted April 20, 2013
We are very unhappy with this school. This school uses the Bob Jones Curriculum. It is very traditional, in other words, old school. All it offers is memorizing, reading, taking tests. No hands on, no projects, no group work, no other learning styles considered, etc... My son hated it there even though he was a good student. We unfortunately had him finish out his 7th grade yea. It was tough, but thankfully he rebounded in his 8th grade year. We put him in another school, which offered a much better approach to education. What a difference his outlook on school is now. It is important to notice that some of the teachers are very sweet and caring, but unfortunately there is so much wrong with the curriculum that it is not worth putting your kids through it.

Foothills Christian Jr. High School 1

Posted March 28, 2013
When my kids when to the JrHs, I saw my kids loose interest in school. The work became only focused on reading, memorizing, and taking test. I would have taken my kids out, but I unwisely put their social life before academics. By keeping them there, they learned to hate school. School was, boring, forced, and no fun. Kids complain at this age about school. However, because I had to become very familiar with the school work, while at home on Mon. and Fri., I agreed with them. I was bored, felt forced, & lost interest in the subjects. Where were the group projects, experiments, life applications, & the spice my friends were talking about in their kids schools. If the grading was only on the spiritual aspect of the school, I would give it 4. I loved the teachers but the curriculum is a an extreme spirit killer; therefore I graded it a 1. Hope this helps.

Foothills Christian Jr. High School
350 Cypress Lane, El Cajon, CA  92020
Last modified Foothills Christian Jr. High School is a Private school that serves grades 7-8
Foothills Christian Jr. High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top