Bad
Good

Our daughter moved here from Loma Portal Elementary (an 8/10 school!). We were nervous but were quickly reassured by the progress she made both academically and personally. I believe the difference in the metric between the two schools can be attributed to primarily two things, the lack of low income students testing at Loma Portal and the huge delta (difference) in children whose first language is not English. I would definitely say these teachers and staff have a very tough jobs with a majority of their students being ESL and they are phenomenal at what they do. Our daughter is actually excited about going back to school after every long break. If you live in East County and are on a waiting list for one of the elementary schools with higher internet ratings, don't shy away from this great school.

It's so cool the make Shute that the students are safe it is a good scholar for your kid

My son is going into the second grade and we both love this school. My son has gotten many rewards from the great teaching from this school. Thank you to all the teachers. Ms. Newbold, 1st grade, and Ms. Cote. The principal Ms. Gellier is great with all the kids. Thank you Chase Ave.

My son is a 4th grader at Chase and we both love this school! He loves his teachers from kindergarten to 4th grade. They are all great and they really focus on his academic strengths and weaknesses to help him become a better student. The extended day program (Ms. Tina :-)) is awesome! They help my son with his assignments and a provide a safe and fun enviorment for parents like myself who need after school support.

My daughter is in the fifth grade and she loves this school! She has been at Chase since she was in kindergarten. She gets strait A's every semester, and it is all because of her kindergarten,first grade, second grade, third grade,fourth grade and fifth grade teachers.If you ever want to know where to send your children for elementary school,Chase is the one! My daughter is in safety patrol,garden club,W.I.T kids and the science club. All of those programs are for any age except for safety patrol (which is for fifth graders only).There is also heart light,math tutoring, learning together groups and computer lab groups.Chase is great! The teachers really care about your child's learning,but the only bad part about that is when they become such great friends with your children, that you'll miss the teachers.The principal makes it all happen. She loves working at Chase, you can tell. The playground is really big,considering that it is has a dirt field attached to it. You can play Wall ball,(my daughter's favorite game)Kickball, Two square,Four square,Basketball,Tether ball,Jump rope or you could just talk to your friends and have a snack. This is not only smart and awesome,it's safe.

My daughter has been going to Chase since kindergarten now in 5th grade going to Graduate. This school the teachers go well above and beyond to teach help every student learn. They even have tutoring groups for kids who struggle. lots of after school groups. I love this school and the teachers.Very good school to learn they even have gate classes for advanced kids.Anyone who sends their kids there apreciate the school.

Well the school is in good condition, the staff is good but needs soom work and direction that Principal dose not give.

My son has just started kindergarten at Chase school and my daughter who is now in tenth grade attended there also. I was very happy with all of my daughters teachers. The parent/teacher communication is excellent. My son's kindergarten teacher is Ms. Miller. She is an excellent teacher who loves what she does. She is very caring and loving but at the same time keeps the kids on the right track. She will discipline but is very quick to praise when the child improves. I just know that my son will have a great kindergarten experience with a super teacher!

Last modified Chase Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.