Posted August 27, 2014
Great school. Caring staff. New principal is AMAZING!!! I hope the community of El Cajon realizes what a gem EmSTEAM is.

Posted June 23, 2014
The truth is I don't usually give anything the total score, but Emerald is one of the best schools I have ever taught at. If you like caring teachers and STEAM classes then this is the school for you. The teachers care about the students this includes clubs and tutoring. One of our graduates this year was actually voted El Cajon's student of the year. If you are the type of person that likes to work hard to get good grades this is the school for you.

Emerald Middle School 3

Posted October 09, 2012
My daughter graduated from this school in 2011. We were a little concerned, because she was moving from a highly rated elementary school to this one. Alli-in-all, the experience wasn't so bad. She was able to make good friends, probably with people from backgrounds she might not have otherwise met. I agree with the previous reviewer that the school took a turn for the worse during the 2010-2011 school year when the in-your-face principle took over and changed many things in an attempt to remake Emerald into a STEM magnet school. My daughter also really missed the popular band teacher that was laid off, because band was about the only fun thing at the school.

Emerald Middle School 4

Posted June 13, 2011
I can only rate this in regards to Spec. Ed., but academically they are great and have good teachers and staff that help kids learn and progress further. In regards to Social interaction for those students in Spec. Ed. it really seems like the teachers try to keep students segregated not only by the location of their classes but also during lunch time and not keeping their student informed of social events so they can grow in that area as well. I understand that funding may be limited due to the current financial situation the district is in... but such separation is a bit much in my opinion. Kids will never learn to deal with various social situations if they never get to experience them at their age/level.

Posted April 02, 2011
I am currently an eighth grader at EMS, and I am so find of my teachers that it will be difficult to graduate . All the other rumors about teachers not caring about our education is a lie. They are there before school and after school if any student needs assistance. They also have these really cool STEM programs and electives that I really enjoy. If any if my teachers happen to read this, I hope they recognize that this is only the truth. I love EMS!

Emerald Middle School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
The teachers and faculty go the extra mile.After school they walk as far as the local park to keep order and check on the kids safety. They buy needed items for the classrooms from their own pockets to ensure that the children have the best possible learning tools.

Emerald Middle School 3

Posted December 14, 2009
emerlad is improving each year they have real nice computers and recsources for kids but it isnt a 'great' school. The library is only open on tuesdays and wendesay which is a real low, the books in the libray are old and outdated. The elective choices are horrible nothing special, band is probobly the most intersting. The only good things are that the teachers are great at teaching strict but good. There is almost no parent involvment though. No parents go to meet and eat. The pricipals dont seem to do anything we alwys see the assistant principal doing all the work.

Emerald Middle School 0

Posted November 06, 2009
i loved this skool the teachers wee great they were easy going and strict at the same time its like it made u want to do the work

Posted April 20, 2009
it is an awesome school full of teachers that are willing to cooperate with parent and students to reach any academic goal and gain success

Posted August 22, 2008
E.M.S rocks.if you ever look for schools that need better teachers,emerald is definitely the place.The principles leadership is above and beyond and the student's really care about there education.

Emerald Middle School
1221 South Emerald Avenue, El Cajon, CA  92020
Last modified Emerald Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Emerald Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top