El Cajon, CA

Posted August 06, 2012
I did not feel safe having my son go here. Anyone can walk in and out of the school unchecked. There is no organization to the flow of parents or traffic ,and the street isnt marked properly as a school district. A child was hit crossing the street this last year my son went here. there is no school nurse on staff. The teachers ,sadly , are great people and care ,but they are not suppporteed by the school or the sorry exsuses for parents. Over half the school is spanish speaking and its a no child left behind school. I dont recomend this school if your a parent who wants a positive, non gehtto atmoshphere for your child to grow up in. My son had a bully all through out K. and nothing could or would be done about this childs behavior because his culture and origin, and this father refused to except that his son nor his father needed to listen to female teachers therfore his son had no issues. Parents sit and disrupt class with cell phones and loud talking. yell and cus at their childrren, and random mothers and under age children just hang out on school grounds all day. HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED !!!!

Posted May 19, 2011
This school is horrible. Education wise, teacher wise, and especially the principal. I am ashamed that my child went here!

Posted August 15, 2008
Both my children attended Johnson for the first time this year. Both went from straight A's to c's and d's. My 3rd grader never had homework and had a substitute for 3 months out of the school year. My 5th grader scored advanced on her star testing from the previous year but never got any higher than a B on her report cards. Only 2 chapters of science were completed for the entire school year. It seems they just didn't do much at this school.

Johnson Elementary School 4

Posted August 15, 2005
Overall, I had a great experience with this school. I am a very involved parent and was pleasantly suprised to see the teachers just as involved.

Johnson Elementary School 5

Posted January 10, 2005
I think that Johnson school needs more parents involved at the school. The school needs more programs for children with leanrning issues. My child when to Johnson for 3 years, she made great inprovement while in Mrs. Coburns class, but when going into the 2nd grade with another teacher my child needed more help then ever. Please open special classes for those who need it.

Johnson Elementary School
500 West Madison, El Cajon, CA  92020
Last modified Johnson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Johnson Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top