Bad
Good

This school is turning around big time. A new principal, some new teachers and a great support staff. Bulling is a no-no and everyone is doing their best to solve all situations in this area. Our test scores are going higher and higher, school sprit is another top priority. It takes some time to get it where everyone wants it to be. If parents volunteer and help out with some of the activities they would know what is going on at their childs school.We can always use your help. We never turn away anyone who is willing to donate time and energy.

Our child was bullied at this school as well since Kindergarten. Staff did very little to resolve any matters. My child complained to 3 different staff members three different times about being bullied on the playground and they told her to "work it out with each other". Very, very disheartening to hear their lack of concern or documentation about complaints. Also would like to know why this website says this school offers dance, martial arts, SWIMMING??, band, etc., etc when, as far as we know, after 3 years there, none of it was offered as extracurricular classes as stated??? Only got papers sent home for local, separate, unaffordable classes!!

2012 school year got a new outstanding principal this year who will make meridian BETTER .. so by 2014 this school will be reccommendable again. change takes time. goodluck mrs. hayes best wishes. :)

My children went to this school. They got beat up by other children. The staff did not help. The staff including the principle do not stop bullying or do anything about it. This is not a safe school for our children. They are to over crowded with children, that the staff say they can not focus on one child getting beat up.

My son and daughter have been there for four years and if it wasnt for us having to move because of my husbands job I would of had my kids still in that school. The teachers are excellent. The principal is very active in the school. My daughter was in student council (publicty) and peace patrol. My son student council as well (repersentative of his class). They have this club type thing called peace patrol were 4th and 5th graders at their recess can help out the kinders. I reccomend this school to any one in the el cajon school district.

This is one of the schools that noone really knows or hears about much. because you want to keep a good thing for as long as u can . now if everyone knew how awesome this school was and how nice the teachers were it wouldn't last.

The teachers are very caring and they work with them if they need help.

We did not know this school was here until we moved within three blocks of it two years ago. My youngest now in 1st grade was not excited about reading or even learning how to write her own name when she started school last year. Now she comes to me with books for 3rd & 4th graders wanting to read and sounding out all the very big words she has not learned yet and she is writing stories all the time. My oldest who is very smart has continued to be challenged. We are so happy with this school from parent involvement to the teachers and staff. We love Meridian Elementary School. Karen & Brian King

Last modified Meridian Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.