El Cajon, CA

Meridian Elementary School 2

Posted January 29, 2013
Our child was bullied at this school as well since Kindergarten. Staff did very little to resolve any matters. My child complained to 3 different staff members three different times about being bullied on the playground and they told her to "work it out with each other". Very, very disheartening to hear their lack of concern or documentation about complaints. Also would like to know why this website says this school offers dance, martial arts, SWIMMING??, band, etc., etc when, as far as we know, after 3 years there, none of it was offered as extracurricular classes as stated??? Only got papers sent home for local, separate, unaffordable classes!!

Meridian Elementary School 1

Posted August 30, 2011
My children went to this school. They got beat up by other children. The staff did not help. The staff including the principle do not stop bullying or do anything about it. This is not a safe school for our children. They are to over crowded with children, that the staff say they can not focus on one child getting beat up.

Posted September 04, 2009
My son and daughter have been there for four years and if it wasnt for us having to move because of my husbands job I would of had my kids still in that school. The teachers are excellent. The principal is very active in the school. My daughter was in student council (publicty) and peace patrol. My son student council as well (repersentative of his class). They have this club type thing called peace patrol were 4th and 5th graders at their recess can help out the kinders. I reccomend this school to any one in the el cajon school district.

Meridian Elementary School 0

Posted August 04, 2009
This is one of the schools that noone really knows or hears about much. because you want to keep a good thing for as long as u can . now if everyone knew how awesome this school was and how nice the teachers were it wouldn't last.

Posted August 02, 2009
The teachers are very caring and they work with them if they need help.

Meridian Elementary School 2

Posted March 27, 2007

Posted March 18, 2007
We did not know this school was here until we moved within three blocks of it two years ago. My youngest now in 1st grade was not excited about reading or even learning how to write her own name when she started school last year. Now she comes to me with books for 3rd & 4th graders wanting to read and sounding out all the very big words she has not learned yet and she is writing stories all the time. My oldest who is very smart has continued to be challenged. We are so happy with this school from parent involvement to the teachers and staff. We love Meridian Elementary School. Karen & Brian King

Posted August 15, 2006
The academic programs are excellent, All the Teachers are wonderful and easy to communicate with. Thanks to the parent volunteers and the Teachers, our art program is awesome. We have a wonderful PTA, wonderful Teachers, Kids and Parents. Parent involvement is especially important with budget cuts, etc. Our parents seem to really care about our kids and school. The teachers treat each child with respect, and take care of each childs special needs. Meridian Elementary has a reward system like no other. Our Principal is kind, respectful and adored.

Posted July 31, 2006
My son was in kinder. last year with Ms. Suits who was absolutly wonderful! She did all she could to have one on one with each student and also each parent when needed! There are many activities for all students just depending on how involved as a parent you are. I think this is a great school!

Posted May 11, 2006
Each of the teachers my daughter has had, have been wonderful. They worked so hard to meet her needs. There is a good deal of parent involvement in the school, and many activities for the kids to participate in each month. Their carnival is awesome in the fall!

Meridian Elementary School
651 South Third Street, El Cajon, CA  92019
Last modified Meridian Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meridian Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top