Pepper Drive Elementary School

Public | K-8

Posted August 27, 2014

i went to this school my middle school career one of the best experiences i ever had. Ignore the parents writing one liner on the reviews that's not fair to the school. My daughter LOVES THIS SCHOOL!!!!.

Posted August 26, 2014

I didn't even want to put a star. Worst school ever Stay away, ask for a different school. Teachers Are not kind, education is poor, school Is dirty and run down. Over crowded and They do not have a reading program to help Students.

Posted April 17, 2014

I am NOT a fan of Pepper Drive School. The problems seem to begin at the top. Maybe it is time for a new leadership team. (Principal & Vice Principal) After a couple of years, I have rarely caught a glimpse of the Principal, she is like royalty and I guess only makes the occasional guest appearance! The Vice Principal seems jaded, stressed and certainly not a 'people-person'. The way I have heard her speak to some parents, I can only wonder at how she speaks to the children!

Posted October 13, 2013

There was a time when I would've recommended this school in a heartbeat. Now I would say that this school is okay for K thru 5, but not for middle school. Middle school has no electives-- no language, minimal art, no dance or music. The same group of kids go from class to class, so there is little opportunity to make friends from other classes. The selection of teachers is small because the school is small, so your child may be stuck with the same teacher from 6th to 7th - this is not a good thing. The culture of the kids in middle school is one where they seem to be in a rush to grow up - more so than others. A lot of the 10-12 year olds have boyfriends/girlfriends and there seems to be pressure to have one. The way they talk, the language used -- it's shocking. The best thing I did was to transfer my child out of there. My child is a much happier person, with better friends, better grades, and more opportunities. Don't let the high score fool you.

Posted August 1, 2013

My son has been attending Pepper Drive for almost two years. I like this school because the staff are cooperative and friendly. However the school needs financial support from parents and any financial assistance they can get. It would truly benefit the student if they can get more after school tutoring. This money would truly benefit the school and provide a better classroom environment for everyone

Posted June 17, 2013

I LOVE THIS SCHOOL my son has been goingbto pepper for 3 years the teachers are so amazing cant wait till my other boys start there they handled a kid that was bullying my son in such an amazing manor and now my son is friends with the kidfo I couldnt be happier and not to mention my son learned so much he was writing doing math and reading books all in kindergarden such an amazing schoolni woukd recomend this school to everyone

Posted May 26, 2013

3 years ago we moved into this school zone. Love the Elementary and the teachers are all Awesome. Now if you ask me about the Middle school portion I have a different opinion. We have a child in sixth grade. I had straight A's until this year. Not all the teachers are outstanding. When a teacher makes a mistake on an assignment it should be changed. I got no help from the office. My child is falling through the cracks!

Posted March 14, 2013

Used to be an amazing school and was the reason we moved back into the neighborhood. Our family has been part of the school since it open in the 50s! I have nothing nice to say about the school now. There are still some wonderful/caring teachers, but even the stress of the change in the school has effected them The bullying, but students and teachers, is out of control. The staff that was once caring and supportive, has become controlling and driven by numbers. such a sad disappointment.

Posted August 24, 2012

My son has been going to this school since K and is not going into 7th. Now he has to switch cause the admistration does NOTHING about bullying! My poor son as been put through the ringer for 2 years and was even bullied by a teacher!!! Now cause his grades have dropped they deem him the "problem" child instead of the bullies that caused the problem in the first place! I do not suggest this school to anyone! Oh yah and when I called to schedule is therapy appt they asked what school he attends, the office was not surprised when I named this one!

Posted March 30, 2012

PPepper Drive is an amazing school! We are so happy to have our daughter there. She is in 2nd grade and gas been at Pepper since kindergarten. She will be there until she starts high school!! It is such a great feeling to know your child is at a great school!

Posted March 31, 2011

WORST SCHOOL EVER- Jagged admins, young inconsiderate teachers I DO NOT SUGGEST!!! If you want to see a stutter in your childs report card come here d,d,d,d,d,d,d

Posted February 23, 2011

i love pepper drive my daughter was there for kindergarten last year and i loved her teachers on room 2 ! i love how much the parents have to be involved with the childrens projects . The only reason i did not give the school 5 stars is because of the parking and traffic problem ,other than that i love pepper drive and will request the same teachesr for my daughter this fall for kinder :)

Posted July 28, 2010

i cannot stress to you how much of an amazing school pepper drive is. you cannot find teachers like this anywhere else in the world! i went there for 3rd -8th grades. and leaving this school was one of the saddest days of my life. this is the best school by far that i have been to and the best choice to send your children to.

Posted January 25, 2010

This is an amazing school. There is great teacher and administration support for all students. Faculty support is a huge reward in schools now-a-days! I have 3 kids and they all will attend Pepper Drive. Student's at this school will definitely get the academic growth they need plus more. Highly recommend... Plus everyone should meet Mr. T!

Posted September 16, 2009

Wonderful administration and teachers and great children!

Posted June 18, 2008

This school has beena life saver for us. Our 10 year old did very well in k and 1st, then had to change schools, and fell extremely behind in 2nd. We cam to Pepper Drive mid 2nd grade and found out how behind he was, at least a full year! We ended up with an amazing teacher [they all are there] and she worked very hard with our son. We decided to hold him back have him repeat 2nd with the same teacher. It was the best thing we ever did. He is now 3 years AHEAD, in the 4th grade working at a 7th grade level AND accepted in the GATE program. Pepper Drive is the Best of the Best. The staff is exceptional and the teachers are supportive and well informed. The kids are encouraged to function as a whole and to be responsible for themselves and others.

Posted June 18, 2008

We have 3 children we adopted and enrolled in Pepper Drive. before coming to live with us, these children rarely attended school, had all been held back, and had little success. The oldest was in 8th grade and had been to 16 differant schools, the 6th grader had been to 14 and the 2nd grader had been to 8. They were all at least 3 full years behind. The staff and tachers rallied behind us and the kids and we made a plan. To date, all three children are either at or approaching grade level. The oldest is now a Freashman at Santana and staff from Pepper routinely call to chack on him and even attend his sports functions. Pepper Drive was a life saver for these kids. It is only with thier support that the kids were able to find success and form goals.

Posted June 18, 2008

Pepper Drive is the best school I have been to. When I came to Pepper Drive last year I was nervous becuase I have had a rough life and have been to 14 schools before. I always did really bad because no one made me go to school before. now I am in 8th grade and get all B's. I never got good grades beore and it really feels good. I work really hard at Pepper drive because I know my new parents and all my teachers and Mr T will be proud. I have a lot a good friends now and we do alot of fun stuff together. I have not met any bad kids there and no one I know ever gets into any real trouble. The teachers and everyone in the office are really nice and really care about all the students . I am proud of Pepper Drive.
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 8, 2007

My son is at Pepper Drive and my daugher is going to start Kindergarden this fall. While the school is not perfect, I would recommend this school to any family considering a school for their children. The administration and teachers seem to really care about the education and safety of my son. Issues that I have brought to the attention of his teachers get consideration and action. I really appreaciate that.

Posted April 17, 2007

Both my son's have attended Pepper Drive, my youngest is still attending and I have to say that this will be his last year. The only positive thing I can say about Pepper Drive is my youngest son's Kindergarten teacher was great! I have only negative feelings about my experience Pepper Drive School.

This school's

(2012)

9 / 10

10 / 10

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school met all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

9 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

10 / 10

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 46% in 2013.

83 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 66% in 2013.

84 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 65% in 2013.

73 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

73 students were tested at this school in 2013.

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

76 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

77 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

77 students were tested at this school in 2013.

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 86% in 2013.

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

78 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

78 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 50% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 57% in 2013.

91 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2010

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 85% in 2013.

History - Social Science Grade 8 Cumulative

94 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

91 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students63%

Parent education - high school graduate76%
Parent education - some college (includes AA degree)67%
Parent education - college graduate76%
Parent education - declined to staten/a

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

Geometry

• Debbie Brenner
Fax number
  • (619) 956-5114

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1935 Marlinda Way