Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted May 13, 2016
I asked for my son to get an IEP at this school, they told me over and over they didn't do that. My son is struggling and I feel that they simply didn't want to help my son. It's very sad working so close with them for the months I did and they shorted my son out of getting help.

Pepper Drive Elementary School 4

Posted September 08, 2015
I would like to say that the new leadership including principal & vice principal is great!! It was time for a change & I am very happy that this year programs like, art, vocals, & other things are being implemented. Both of my girls have been at Pepper since kinder & I am happy with it so far. My oldest just started 6th grade this year, so I will be keeping an eye out on what they are doing up there. The only reason I will not give a perfect score is because of parking, which has always been and issue & right now with construction is just horrid. I have to be there super early or my kids will be late, so it's pretty time consuming for me in the morning. Keep up the great work Mr. Hooks, I love the changes!

Pepper Drive Elementary School 3

Posted November 17, 2014
Better than most California state schools. All California state schools it puts teachers and staff before students. Example it allows two teachers to share one class. One works a couple of days other works the rest of the week. What is the impact? Each week student has to adjust to a different teaching style. Personal experience my child is easily distracted which is normal for a 5 year old. One of her teachers was able to work around this. Behavior card are given out, we never got a card (yellow or Red) for misbehavior from one teacher. It was common to get a yellow or red card from the second teacher. The same behavior was tolerated by one and not tolerated by the other. I do not take issue with should it have been tolerated. I do take issue with inconsistency. The easiest way to cause bad behavior is to be inconsistent. I first grade they tried to place her in a two teacher class we objected and she was placed in a one teacher class. That teacher solved the issue by rearranging the seating one or two yellow cards all year. Five stars for the school. Zero for the two teacher policy average 3 stars. Do not let them have two teachers in your child's class.

Pepper Drive Elementary School 5

Posted August 27, 2014
i went to this school my middle school career one of the best experiences i ever had. Ignore the parents writing one liner on the reviews that's not fair to the school. My daughter LOVES THIS SCHOOL!!!!.

Pepper Drive Elementary School 1

Posted August 26, 2014
I didn't even want to put a star. Worst school ever Stay away, ask for a different school. Teachers Are not kind, education is poor, school Is dirty and run down. Over crowded and They do not have a reading program to help Students.

Posted April 17, 2014
I am NOT a fan of Pepper Drive School. The problems seem to begin at the top. Maybe it is time for a new leadership team. (Principal & Vice Principal) After a couple of years, I have rarely caught a glimpse of the Principal, she is like royalty and I guess only makes the occasional guest appearance! The Vice Principal seems jaded, stressed and certainly not a 'people-person'. The way I have heard her speak to some parents, I can only wonder at how she speaks to the children!

Posted October 13, 2013
There was a time when I would've recommended this school in a heartbeat. Now I would say that this school is okay for K thru 5, but not for middle school. Middle school has no electives-- no language, minimal art, no dance or music. The same group of kids go from class to class, so there is little opportunity to make friends from other classes. The selection of teachers is small because the school is small, so your child may be stuck with the same teacher from 6th to 7th - this is not a good thing. The culture of the kids in middle school is one where they seem to be in a rush to grow up - more so than others. A lot of the 10-12 year olds have boyfriends/girlfriends and there seems to be pressure to have one. The way they talk, the language used -- it's shocking. The best thing I did was to transfer my child out of there. My child is a much happier person, with better friends, better grades, and more opportunities. Don't let the high score fool you.

Pepper Drive Elementary School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
My son has been attending Pepper Drive for almost two years. I like this school because the staff are cooperative and friendly. However the school needs financial support from parents and any financial assistance they can get. It would truly benefit the student if they can get more after school tutoring. This money would truly benefit the school and provide a better classroom environment for everyone

Pepper Drive Elementary School 5

Posted June 17, 2013
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL my son has been goingbto pepper for 3 years the teachers are so amazing cant wait till my other boys start there they handled a kid that was bullying my son in such an amazing manor and now my son is friends with the kidfo I couldnt be happier and not to mention my son learned so much he was writing doing math and reading books all in kindergarden such an amazing schoolni woukd recomend this school to everyone

Pepper Drive Elementary School 3

Posted May 26, 2013
3 years ago we moved into this school zone. Love the Elementary and the teachers are all Awesome. Now if you ask me about the Middle school portion I have a different opinion. We have a child in sixth grade. I had straight A's until this year. Not all the teachers are outstanding. When a teacher makes a mistake on an assignment it should be changed. I got no help from the office. My child is falling through the cracks!

Pepper Drive Elementary School
1935 Marlinda Way, El Cajon, CA  92020-1155
Last modified Pepper Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.