El Centro, CA

Posted March 21, 2010
I recently visited Westside Elementary and I am very impressed with the school. The classes are combined, but in return the older children help the little ones out. When my son visited the school, he fit right in. The test scores are high and it's like a little family. This is a school that any child can excel at. If you live in the Imperial School district, I highly recommend this school.

Posted May 02, 2009
My son attended Westside Elementary School and I am so happy he did, because they provided a top notch education for him. They stress positive and encourage all students daily. There were many field trips, parent nights, camp out nights, B.B.Q.s, and best of all all students in 4-5th grade took lessons in music and instruments. They have a Christmas pagent where every child is given a DVD of the program and a fantastic end of the year program with 5th grade promotion (all 5th gr. students receive a gift). Our family treasures the book that our son received, which was a personalized story with him as a character in the book. They created memories for my son and our family that will be loved forever!! The only problem with this school is that they do not have 6th grade or an indoor cafeteria. Best kept secret in Imperial!

Posted April 24, 2003
As one who's not from this Valley, Westside Elementary is among the best schools I have ever seen. And I've lived in Florida, Michigan, Massachusetts, Tennessee and Texas. Teacher, parent and student involvement is very high. Teachers reward good behavior and offer plenty of extra activities including parents' nights where potluck dinners and math activities give kids and parents a chance to get to know one another in a caring and educational setting. Teachers and the principal, Nancy Rood, also offer instruction that challenges the kids and personalized lesson plans for those who are above or below the norm. With only about 85 kids enrolled, there is plenty of time for learning, love, discipline and all the things that make these kids excel. I love this school!!!!!!!!!!

Posted April 24, 2003
Westside is an unbelievable school. I had to rate the extracurricular low because there really is none. It is in the middle of the country....miles from any other school and homes. (20 mile drive for us.) The school is superior in all areas, highest test scores in the district. No drugs, very little if any cussing, kids learn to look out for other kids...all of them. Excellent atmosphere. If it weren't for Westside, I would be homeschooling.

Westside Elementary