St. Jerome Catholic Elementary School 2

Posted July 13, 2015
This school has no enrichment activities, very few working computers and no field trips. The class size is too small to promote social interaction between the students.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted July 13, 2015
This depends on what you define as grit. Bullying might be a better term, in which case, yes that does develop at this school.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted July 13, 2015
This school pits genders against one another and often displays favoritism toward certain students whle leaving others unsupported.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted July 13, 2015
While this school used to produce children who were well educated, honest and well mannered this isn't necessarily the case today. The administration fails to model this behavior and so the children fail to learn it.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 13, 2015
Some of the older teachers are very good, many of the new one's are too young, not properly educated and do not know how to properly interact with children,

Posted October 24, 2013
I have a Kindergartener at St Jerome school and I'm very happy with it. My son is in a class of only 16 children, with a wonderful teacher and teaching assistant. The teachers are very nurturing, communicate extremely well with parents (we all get a daily report on children's behavior), and are doing an excellent job of teaching the children Math, English, Science and critical thinking. They also have PE twice a week. The school genuinely welcomes parental involvement and feels very friendly. The head teacher and office staff are very approachable. The children are encouraged to have friendships across grade levels - with K - 8 'faith families', and our son loves 'his' 8th grader. We are not Catholic, but we feel very welcomed and the religious education mainly centers on morals, how to be a good person etc.. The school is well worth a look at - the Kindergarten day is 8am - 3pm, where the public school is only 8am - 11am and the fees are very reasonable - we worked out it was cheaper for us to go there than to purchase childcare to top up the public school education to a full day.

Posted October 18, 2013
St. Jerome Catholic School offers challenging academics, top notch faculty/staff and a nurturing and diverse student body. As a long time parent of 1 alumnus and 2 current students, I can attest to St. Jerome's academic excellence, outstanding faculty and supportive parent community. St. Jerome Catholic School teaches students about respect, compassion and discipline for all. Spiritual growth, academic excellence, artistic expression and good sportsmanship are many of the values that are instilled in the student body and faculty. Our faculty consistently prepares our students for the challenges in high school and beyond. St. Jerome graduates distinguish themselves at Academic Awards Night at Salesian High School, St. Mary's High School and El Cerrito High. St. Jerome Catholic School is an outstanding choice for K-8 and I have been extremely satisfied with our experience.

Posted October 17, 2013
My kids have been at this St. Jerome School since Kindergarten. They love the school and all their friends. I am impressed by the level of education my children are receiving. The standards in which they are being taught is very high. They are not only learning academically but they are also learning how to deal with each other as respectful, loving individuals. The one-on-one time they receive from the teachers is very important in their development. The homework is balanced and the tests are challenging. The teachers form clubs to help students meet their highest potential. The area in which St. Jerome is located, nestled in a residential communtiy, gives me peace of mind after dropping them off. I know they are safe and that means the world to me.

Posted September 13, 2013
I love this school. All my kids have gone here, and I am very pleased with their education. The 7th and 8th grade teachers are especially good at preparing the students for high school, and they provide lots of extra academic support, math labs, HSPT prep, etc., that "scaffolds" the work being done in class. I also love love love the family and parent community. It's a strong, supportive, fun and kind community. St. Jerome's is one of the gems of El Cerrito and the surrounding area.

Posted March 10, 2012
St. Jerome is a great school! We are new to the school, and have been pleased with our decision. We see our child thriving both academically and socially. We like the community feel; the student body, faculty and parents gather on the yard every morning for prayer and announcements, like a family starting out their day. We like that they have morning/after school care. And in this crazy economy, we feel like our child is getting a top notch education at a reasonable price (in comparison to other private schools in the area.) I think it is also worth mentioning that the principal, who is also new this year, is wonderful - caring, supportive, and has done a great job revitalizing the school from what we have heard.

320 San Carlos Avenue, El Cerrito, CA  94530
Last modified St. Jerome Catholic Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Jerome Catholic Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top