El Cerrito, CA

Posted September 30, 2014
When I was looking for a school for my children, I wanted a school that would foster a lifelong love of learning. I wanted a place where my children would be safe and comfortable and learn in a way that was suitable to their unique personalities. I toured many schools, both private and public, and narrowed down and applied to 3 schools. We were fortunate to have been accepted in all 3 but in the end decided that Prospect Sierra was the right fit for our family and children. We were very impressed by the warm and welcoming atmosphere. The teachers and staff were very dedicated and they all seem to love the children and were willing to meet the kids at their level. We felt a very sincere sense of community and openness from the parents, who were all very happy to volunteer and actively participate in their children s education. Now that we are Prospect Sierra parents, we can honestly say that this is definitely true. The parents and families love Prospect Sierra and the kids love Prospect Sierra!

Posted September 02, 2014
A middle school that works to help students become thoughtful and creative citizens who think globally and independently? This is it! Our son is thriving here. He loves everything about the school and so do we. The academics are stellar and so are the arts and music programs, Dedicated teachers who love their jobs and have the support and autonomy to build classes and assignments with contextual meaning, independent and collaborative problem solving, and cutting edge technology make this place very dynamic for learning. In our experience Prospect Sierra delivers everything they promise and the children are incredible there. Also the place scores pretty well on a culturally, racially, and economically diverse community; definitely worth visiting and seeing if it's right for your child.

Posted April 04, 2014
We are an African American Family - our son attends Prospect Sierra and is a 7th grader. He was immediately welcomed into the school community. His transition went extremely well and has made some really good friends.The strong sense of community is driven by the Head of School (Katherine) and Head of Middle School (Heather) - Great and effective leaders! I like the collaborative, supportive and warm feel we get from Admission,Business Office and Admin. Support Staff; The faculty is a strong collective of committed and talented educators. They also effectively communicate to parents on their child s progress. The essential academic program is strong; effectively prepares students for the skills they will need for high school. The Arts, Drama, Music and Sports programs are all also very good! The class diversity numbers at the school (in terms of students of color) is not where they would like it to be The new Director of Admissions and Director of Diversity and Inclusion are committed to having a diverse and inclusive environment. I would urge all families (especially families of color) to strongly look at and consider Prospect Sierra Middle School for their child!!

Prospect Sierra School 1

Posted March 17, 2014
I found this school to be extremely unwelcoming of my child, who did not quite fit the mold. The facilities are very nice, but that's about it.

Prospect Sierra School 1

Posted July 03, 2013
This school has had so many problems for me, but maybe because I am personally not an "excellent" student. I mean if your child has extraordinary talents and enjoys school then they will love prospect sierra, but one thing that I do have to say is that the arts program is amazing. I would not recommend this to an average student like myself.

Prospect Sierra School 3

Posted February 16, 2013
This school was great in k-5. 6-8 the school starts to fall apart. i guess it's because the students start to not care. the teachers really try their best, but they think they know the students when they don't. I discribe PS school as a pink bubbly box in a very dark society. They dont do a good job in prepping the students to endure the harsh enviroment in the outside world. This is my rating for each of the subjects (out of 5) Science: 3 Humanities: 4.2 Math: 2.5 World language (Spanish): 3.5 P.E: 4.5 Art: 4 Music:4 Drama: 4

Posted March 15, 2011
I have never imagined that there existed an ideal school, however for our family Prospect Sierra continues to provide our children a wonderful education. The school's leadership across the board is talented, inspiring, and compassionate. The curriculum is challenging and thoughtful for its spiraling effect from the lower grades to eighth. We have built a relationship of trust with the school that continues to grow. We remain confident that regardless the issue this program is focused on the best outcome for our children. Fiat Lux!

Posted October 22, 2010
Our daughter recently entered Kindergarten at Prospect Sierra. In our experience to date , they offer top notch education combined with helping children develop into socially empathetic and literate individuals. The administration, teachers and staff are top-notch and you feel that you are investing in the future of not only your own child but of a healthy society.

Posted October 04, 2010
We thank our "lucky stars" to be able to send our children there. In our minds, it offers an amazing education while developing the WHOLE child. We could not be happier with Prospect Sierra School.

Posted June 28, 2010
I graduated this year from PS and i had a wonderful time while it lasted! The teachers were so caring and dedicated to getting us to our full potential. I remember transferring in 6th and everyone was very easy to get along with. And i made the best of friends. Homework isn't excessive if you manage you time well. I think service learning is well incorporated in to this school, you'd think it be boring but actually is great. It helps you bond with teachers and classmates. I would recommend this school to any kid. i loved this school. sadly its on to high school

Prospect Sierra School