Posted October 20, 2014
The previous post is not a good generalization of Oak Meadow. Our child is in her 4th year at Oak Meadow. She loves her school and is motivated to thrive and show up every day. We have had nothing but positive experiences with all teachers at Oak Meadow. The principal is caring and available to those that need her attention. The office staff are attentive to the kids and the parents. It is hard to read that a child would be hit with a pencil. I have never heard of such a thing happening at this school. Not every public environment is right for each child. If my children were resistant to going to school every day, I would look at options and not point the finger at such a great public school in our community. I have nothing but positive experiences with Oak Meadow and I am confident that the majority of parents that have children at this school feel this way. Too bad for the last reviewer.

Oak Meadow Elementary School 1

Posted October 01, 2014
This school does not provide loving or respectful environment for children. We moved to EDH 2 years ago and my children are attending oak meadow elementary school for the 2nd year. Last year my younger child absolutely hated his teacher because the teacher would hit him with a pencil or a rolled up paper on child's head. However, my older child absolutely adored his teacher. This year its a struggle to send them off to school as they have no desire to be there. I hate the hours that they are in school, it breaks my heart to see them being so unhappy and unmotivated. They both are very smart and curious, but in the environment that only tells them how bad they are and continuously "picks" on them they lost the ability to hear and comprehend the subjects that are being taught to them. I have to teach them the subjects at home from their homework just so they don't fall behind. Before they were moved to this school they were very happy to go to school, they would be upset to be home when they were sick. The personnel in the office are very unpleasant! I hate to go in to the office and see them being so grumpy. I feel like i am a burden to them if i ask them anything.

Oak Meadow Elementary School 1

Posted December 05, 2013
High student to teacher ratio. In kindergarten it is 28 to 1. I don't mind homework, volunteering and helping my child. However, my child does not fit within the norm. The teachers are not very helpfull and it's up to me to help my child catch up. It's difficult to understand what the teacher's role is.

Posted August 25, 2012
This is a great school and great teachers! We are very happy at Oak Meadow.

Posted August 16, 2010
Excellent school and teachers. Test scores prove their achievements. Safe access from gated community. Teachers go out of their way to be helpful.

Posted August 04, 2009
wonderful teachers, best education, low student teacher ratio, won't ever move!

Posted December 19, 2008
I feel so blessed that all 3 of my children have attended Oak Meadow Elementary. All 3 of them have excelled in their education due to the team effort you will find at this wonderful school. As a working parent it is such a relief to know that they truly care about my children and their success. Its all about communication, and you will get that from the staff at Oak Meadow. You just need to ask...and they will be there to help....Go Raptors! Xcountry rocks!

Posted October 22, 2008
We have been extremely pleased with the quality of the teachers and the overall quality of the school. I do wish there were a stronger GATE program, but my kids are challenged by their individual teachers who have thankfully been willing to go the extra mile and find work and homework that best meets their needs. We are very happy and cannot fathom why people in the area would ever consider private schools when such great public schools are available.

Posted September 30, 2008
A wonderful school with wonderful teachers, Mrs. Nelson is the best first grade teacher we have ever ran into.

Posted September 09, 2008
I really like the school and teachers. They have been very helpful with getting my oldest son on track and more focused on his work. My middle son is above average and has been given opportunities to continue to rise above. I look forward to having my third son start kindergarten there!

Oak Meadow Elementary School
7701 Silva Valley Parkway, El Dorado Hills, CA  95762
Last modified Oak Meadow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Meadow Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top