El Monte, CA

Posted May 20, 2015
CHERRYLEE SCHOOL (IN REGARDS TO LETTER SENT HOME DATED MAY 12th 2015 to jpitts el monte police , citycouncil To Whom it may concern as a parent of cherrylee I first want to thank you for the concern of the safety of our children . I would like to also bring to the attention of not only the EL MONTE Police but to all City Members and Residence of this school .. I have lived in El Monte all of my Life and have seen many changes. So for that reason I would like to use the school on Gibson Rd in El Monte "Shirpser" is good example of how the space for parking should be. There is more then enough space for school staff and parents . If you would take a look at the front of Cherrylee you will notice that the grass area is not needed especially since we are having a water drought it would make since to open that area up and install a driveway to provide a safer drop off area for students . I hope you will consider this as a form of saving time and money patrolling this area. Thank You In Advance For Your Attention To This Matter .

Cherrylee Elementary School 2

Posted November 23, 2013
The Principal needs to encourage parent involvement but she seems to discourage it. I found it really hard to talk to her and she seems to not want to deal with concerns of others. She is content with the way the school is and is not interested in advancing.

Posted October 31, 2012
My son goes to Cherrylee and we love this school. I am a therapist and I go to various schools which include "high rating" schools and "low rating" schools to provide therapy for students. Objectively speaking, many teachers at Cherrylee really care for each student and they are trying very hard to entertain students and create a good environment for them. Cherrylee is a small school, so teachers, school staff, students and parents get to know each other well relatively quickly and work together as a team. My son loves this school.

Posted September 06, 2012
my son and nieces attend this school so did my husband I think its a great school teachers are awesome. Academic its also great.

Cherrylee Elementary School 1

Posted February 25, 2011
I am very unhappy with the Principal and the response I have yet to recieve regarding the unreported gas leak at Cherrylee. I am a parent of a student there and when myself and others smelled the gas we were told "oh that is just sewage" We know what sewage is and it was natural gas. The gas co responded via our request and open trench has been there since the inspection yet cannot get an answer. Should a memo to parents be sent out? No heat in class ,dress warm!

Cherrylee Elementary School 4

Posted March 22, 2010
I must disagree with the last post. Not sure if the parent focuses more on socializing rather than academics, but Cherrylee has prepared my children for the next levels of education. They have continued to score proficient or advanced on the CST exams. I'm proud of Cherrylee.

Cherrylee Elementary School 1

Posted January 27, 2010
Very unhappy w/ The changing of principals every other year! Lots of favortism when it comes to Xmas programs..same kids year after year! When I attended cherrylee we all participated...not the case these days....teachers If I had to rate between 1-10 ? I would give it a 0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted May 21, 2007
CherryLee was my school growing up and I'm glad to see that the things that I loved about my school, great teachers who go beyond, Especially. for those kids who need a little extra and the spirit to keep education fun and interesting, still remains the same for my children who attend now. Keep up the great work.

Cherrylee Elementary School 4

Posted March 22, 2006
Cherrylee has been very proactive in my son's education. The facilities are well maintained and the instructors are all very good.

Posted December 06, 2005
i have gone to cherrylee elemetary i think that this is a great school with teachers who care and that to me is important i think that they need more money for the things the students need but th e teachers are great and academicly is a great school.

Cherrylee Elementary School
5025 Buffington Road, El Monte, CA  91732
Last modified Cherrylee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cherrylee Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top