El Monte, CA

New Lexington Elementary School
Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 02, 2015
My son is in PALS, so not sure what this is like for him yet.

New Lexington Elementary School 3

Posted June 02, 2015
My son is in the PALS program here, with Teacher Tran, and I must say she is the only reason that I gave this school such a high score. She is an amazing teacher, my son's speech has improved vastly. He went from almost non verbal, to very verbal. I can understand 85% of what he says now, where as before it was about 10%, it's all thanks to her hardwork, dedication, and love of teaching. She has 2 amazing assistants that also make the class excel, Miss Martha and Miss Daisy. The rest of the school looks like a prison a bit. I do like, however, how they keep the gate closed at all times by where my son and his little mates enter. It's only open during drop off and pick up, so I feel my son is very safe there. There was an incident where my son ran into a pole in the kids section, where the head start is, and they handled that very professionally. The teacher called me quickly and assured me he was ok, and when I went the Nurse was taking a look at him, he did need stitches, but I'm happy with the care he got there. They were very concerned and you could tell he wasn't just another student to them. When he reaches head start next year, maybe the score will go up, I'm not sure, this school is just ok .

New Lexington Elementary School 1

Posted May 04, 2015
The new principal is....UGH! Look, I love the teachers and all, but the person that runs this school isn't very, per se, good. She shouldn't really be principal at all. Sometimes she has her good moments, but overall and on average...she isn't really good at her job. She isn't exactly responsible. The thing is, I LOVE this school and my parents do too, but this year, the new principal let me down. I mean, letting her run this school has ruined my life. Even my parents support me on this. HELP US, PLEASE!!!

Posted March 16, 2013
This school is great. New principal is awesome! The mom that wrote about the teacher with the accent- if you're teaching your kid, then good luck because your spelling and grammar is below satisfactory! lol. The accent is likely to benefit your child because studies show being exposed to another language benefits the brain. Now with all the budget cuts there are 30 + students in a room and no aid, so I make sure to volunteer with helping teachers prep, so they can focus more on teaching and less on paperwork. Parents might want to do the same to eliminate the complaining.

Posted October 08, 2009
New Lexington is an amazing place for kids to learn and thrive. Many extra activities keep kids connected to school. Dedicated teachers make all the difference in students' academic progress! Very active parent participation. New Lexington consistently scores above the district and state averages on standardized tests and scores improve every year. New Lexington is definitely a Shining Star!

Posted June 09, 2008
My two children have attended New Lexington Elementary beginning kindergarden through six grade. The school was remodeled a couple of years ago with a new building including a new computer lab. Its teachers and staff are among the most dedicated teachers I have ever met. The school has made large improvements becoming with earning the California Distinguished School title two years ago and a Star school title. The parent involvement program is among the best in the El Monte School District. I highly recommend sending your kids to this great school. Thank you for all hard work. New Lexington Rocks!

Posted November 18, 2004
This school is a great school. The staff members are all well trained and qualified for their job. They have a HOSTS program (Help One Student To Succeed). HOSTS is to help students who needs help in language arts. They also have homework club in which students can get help on their homework.

New Lexington Elementary School
10410 East Bodger Street, El Monte, CA  91733
Last modified New Lexington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Lexington Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top