El Monte, CA
Students enrolled: 1,928

Posted February 02, 2010
I'm an alum of EMHS, and I have to say that it was the best school I attended during my formative years. Coming from LAUSD, it was unusual dealing with a school where the teachers and admin staff actually cared. Sure, it has its problems. There are a handful of teachers that really couldn't care less and the school could use more funding. But for the most part, this school gets it right in terms of staff, support, academics, citizenship and leadership, etc. Most importantly, it makes the most of what it has, and if your child has it in them to be an outstanding individual, this place will nourish it.

Posted August 11, 2009
I attended this school for three years. I transfered unfortunately and now I realize the EMHS was an extremely good school compared to where I am now- (LAUSD district)

Posted March 05, 2009
Good school and excellent teachers. Give everything they got and are willing to take time out of their time to help a student pass.

Posted June 22, 2005
One of the best things about this school is seen in the caring environment that the staff and teachers create. For example, when awards are handed out during the assemblies, we not only shake hands, but we also embrace in hugs. This shows that there is definitely a bond between the students and staff. I believe Mr. Doug Halvorsen has done a wonderful job at being not only a principal, but as a role model as well. He will truly be missed when he leaves this year.

Posted June 16, 2004
Wonder, wonderful learning facility.

Posted October 06, 2003
I 3 daughther's that graduated from E.M.H.S and one is currently a JR. I think it's a wonderful school. It has many activites/sports for kids to get involve in. Some of the teachers there are top quality. The staff, teachers, and students make the hight school what it is, and thats a great high school.

Posted September 22, 2003
I am a former student of EMHS and I have to say that it was the best four years of my life. I am glad to say that the teachers there are the best I have ever experienced to this day, as I am in college. The teachers there are excellent as well and the counselors and the administrative staff. I am proud to say that I graduated El Monte High, the best high school there is.

El Monte High School
3048 North Tyler Avenue, El Monte, CA  91731
Last modified El Monte High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
El Monte High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top