Bad
Good

I graduated in 1986 and was unfortunate to have Ms. Acosta as my counselor. Unfortunately for the Viking Ship, Ms. Acosta was promoted to the admin ranks and the rest of it is history. Our sports program became that much worse and academics suffered even more. That is what you get when you promote people based on what they are instead of what they can actually contribute to the program. EMUSD needs to right this ship. I love the school for what it was and could have been. Please make it great!!!

I attended this high school a few years ago. Its not the greatest but if you become involved in the academic programs there is it is much more enjoyable! I was involved in the VISTA academy sophomore, Junior, and Senior year. If it wasn't for the teachers that were involved in the academy I wouldn't have made it this far without them. There are some teachers that seem to pick favorites based on the students academic decisions. Which the students do notice. But there actually is some teachers that are there for you every step of the way. I am also glad I had a great counselor who always kept up with me and even built a friendship with my family. I received a full paid scholarship to attend SDSU thanks to my educators. This is a good school, beautiful campus compared to the rest in EMUHSD, and great support from counselors!

Honestly, my student attends this school and I hate it so much. When the economy is good, the school is good. When the economy is bad, the administration and the staff just doesn't care about their students as much as they do about money. The students don't reach their full potential. They do the minimum because the school EXPECTS the minimum out of them. Some of the staff members are also inconsiderate jerks who act like they care and understand. They give off the "nice guy" appearance but once you get to know them they become hypocrites to what they say about "teenage years are hard" and "understanding". They put all the blame on that single person when they don't realize what they say can affect the students especially if they have a rough life.

Well I'm I'm currently attending this school I'm a fressmen = and I think the school it very well put together the teachers are great and a lot of cool clubs you join and yea the students are nice ,and the teacher really get invoved so you can get the greatest education possiable and I'm the class of 2013

I used to attend this school. I played in the soccer team. We had the best team in many years. The coach was the best and was very well respected by the players. I remember how we had a fight during a game with El Monte. LOL, I must say we always had the talent to be great but we were never able to put it together. The worst aspect of our school must be the principal Ms. Acosta-Araw. She truly did not care about our academic or athletic ambitions. She represented the tone of all of the administration and counselors.

I used to attend Montain View high school and in my senior year I graduated with flying colors, got lots of scholarships and got accepted to an excellent University!!! All thanks to Mountain View!!!! I'm thankful that I went to such an amazing high school!!

i currently attend this school and think it is pretty good.......except that counselors dont really try to encourage those who are doing bad, nor do they really recognize who are oding well.

I gratuated from Mountain View High School in 2005 and is a great school many kids dont advace due to the fact that the parents are not involved in whats going on in the school. Well let me tell you one thing is not is up to the student to do the best they can in order to be succesful in high school. When it comes to the administration part they do the best they could in order for the student to be succesful. Recently I have a brother that gratuated in 2007 and hes attending USC and its all thanks to Moutain View High School.

Last modified Mountain View High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.