Posted December 01, 2014
I love this school. My son is now in 3rd grade and has been here since kinder. He has had Mrs. Gentry, Mrs. Guzman, Mrs. Salcido & now Mrs Salce all whome I have LOVED! The school has the best rating in el monte an surrounding. We moved out of the district but have remained in the school on a permit. My daughter is starting kinder there next year and is very excited as I am. I feel they get quality education here & teachers who actually really care. The lunches they provide are good to me. I seen the comment about them selling "candy" every other day. Children get the money from their parents to buy whatever is sold it is up to the parents to provide money to their child or not. I know that my child is not buying anything I havent given him permission for. Aside from that they only sell on Thursday & Friday after school and its not candy. Its nachos, ice cream (in the summer), juice boxes, fresh cucumbers & watermelon. They dont sell candy at all. They sell soda & stuff at back to school night & other activities. They dont get the same funding alot of our area schoosl get because our high test scores sadly.

La Primaria Elementary School 1

Posted April 26, 2013
Also, the school gets money from the government to provide healthier lunches fort he kids, but yet the school staff would sell them candy and junk food just about everyday after school to try to raise money for the booster club, etc... The district really needs to change the way they choose the people they hire. No background check is done on volunteers even though they are parents and they require a TB shot but yet you can volunteer even if you don't have it yet. The school needs some major staff changes and supervision. I have many complaints about this school. Definitely " I DO NOT" recommend this school at all. 3 of 3

Posted October 15, 2012
oh no I fogot to rate this school! I accidently put a one star. I posted my review earlier. I give this school a 10/10! My daughter miss Ms. Gentry. Ms. Gentry is a wonderful school!

Posted June 09, 2011
My daugther is finishing Kindergarten at La Primaria. I cannot say enough about her teacher and her curriculum. My daughter is excelling in math, reading and writing. La Primaria caters to the individual needs of every child, challening them all along the way without compromising the education of the other studends in the classroom. My daughter's teacher did an excellent job at recognizing how quickly she was grasping the lessons and placed her in an advanced learning environment. I am very thankful to Ms. Gaytan and La Primaria for their time, effort, dedication, and care. A++++++ all the way!

Posted April 22, 2010
My daughter is in 2nd grade and reads 5th grade chapter books like nothing. When she saw me reading the twilight series she would beg for me to allow her to read these. This school is amazing. The school is small and this benefits our children in many ways. The Principal is visible and accessable. She does everything possible to involve us. Last years Spring Fling was soooo much fun. Dr. LaCorte's husband played 50's theme songs. Kids were dancing away having a ball and my daughters teacher was there dead center dancing with the kids. My daughter's teachers genuinely care about their kids. Just now I e-mailed my daughters teacher and she responded immediately and it's 9pm. Nice!!

Posted April 21, 2010
La primaria is a very small school which makes it nice for the kids to learn in small groups and have personal realiships with one other and stuff ,my daughter really enjoys it and learining alot !!!! i would recomended to any parent that wants their kid to have a great education !!!!!

La Primaria Elementary School 3

Posted March 19, 2010

Posted February 18, 2010
My daughter is in kindergarten at La Primaria Elementary School. She loves it!! They have computers in the classroom. Also, they go to computer lab, library, and music every week. My daughter is doing very well. She is already reading 1st grade books, she can add, and she is writing complete sentences. This is very good for kindergarten. I love her teacher!!! She is great!!!

Posted September 28, 2009
I was a student here in 1978 and now my daughter and son attend. Very happy with this school, and its still improving.

Posted December 19, 2008
La Primaria has gone above and beyong in teaching the students. My son really enjoys the school and the teachers. Thank you for making a memorable school year.

La Primaria Elementary School
4220 Gilman Road, El Monte, CA  91732
Last modified La Primaria Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Primaria Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top