Bad
Good

Posted August 06, 2014
Its a pretty good school. I don't like the "hands off policy", but its OK. I'm a very smart student and the school... it isn't challenging at all... Which is kinda good since that means less work for me :). Miss Tanaka is a nice principal that is actually more leniant than most of the staff. I like that she doesn't stress us so much to be... I don't know... Perfect? I also don't like that we have to wear name tags! Ugh! They say its for "emergencies", like if they don't know our name? Well then they could ask someone and be like, "what's this kids name?" And problem solved! Unless like that kid has no friends and no one knows them... I font like the uniform but I'm pretty sure the staff has no authority over that and it won't change... Whatever... The campus is in well condition. Most of the teachers are nice. Pretty good, pretty good.

Alfred S. Madrid Middle School 1

Posted October 01, 2013
Well the school is great. I just don't like that they are enforcing PDA. What's the whole point of having a relationship without hugging or kissing someone?

Posted October 01, 2013
This school is a reflection of the administration, district office, its teachers, and the parents. I am proud to work at this school. Teachers have weekly department meetings to plan and discuss student achievement. We teach the whole child here - P.E., Music/Band, Art, Woodshop, and Video. In addition to the other duties they have, administration is active around campus and connects with and cares about the students. The district office has a well-managed budget which allows our school to have an up-to-date computer lab and computer classes, nice textbooks, and high-quality cafeteria food with a salad bar. We also have a great after-school program. Parents are attending PIQE training this year (as well as last year). There is always room for improvement, but I have seen many good things happening on this campus.

Posted July 02, 2012
This school was amazing! <33 I love Ms Grebel, best teacher ever. It had its faults; yet there were several different ways to challenge yourself in different fields, there were rewards for the students who gave all of their effort. And Ismael, the one with "bad grammar" is 1 student out of thousands. He tries his best, got good grades and had an amazing voice. This school was the best xx

Alfred S. Madrid Middle School 1

Posted June 17, 2012
Madrid Middle School has a long way to go... This school does not include the special education population of students in it's year end activities for each class because, and I quote Ms. Tenaka (principle) thay are not part of Madrid's finest. Children in special education are undeserved and denied FAPE as well as their rights under IDEA and Section 504. The last post from an 8th grade student, although from their heart, is an example (grammatical errors) of the poor education at Madrid. We need to be real on what is really going on in ours schools.

Posted June 16, 2012
i went to this school all 3 years this school tought me alot i made bad choices in 6 grade then matured in 7 and by the time i was in 8 grade i was in leadership and i was ms syftestad which is our chior teachers favorite student she toaught me how not to get stage fright and toaught me step by step the qualities of being a great singer then for promotion i sang and acually made the some of the board of education, Ms Tanaka our principle, and some parents and students cry. i just want to say madrid middle school was the best school i have ever attended. now im off to el monte high school. where i got into the senior mens chior im the only freshmen and the rest are seniors and jr's. well i think ive said enough so im ganna end here but befor i go i just want to thank the 2 of the most best teachers in the whole wide world Ms.Grebel(mija) and Ms. Syftestad(meje) for teaching me and pushing me to do better and for spoiling me ms grebel if your reading this i just want to say i love you with all my heart and also me and luke need to do our training/and ms Syftestad i just want to say thank you meje for teaching me everything and i love you/ 6/15/2012 class of 2012 ismael rivas

Posted April 24, 2012
I went to school from 2000-2002 I am lookign for the year book if anybody has it or know how I can get it please e-mail me. Am looking for a childhood friend her name is blanca but I can't remember her last name. She is white, chubby, and has frekels if any body can help me with her full name that will be help full.

Posted December 20, 2010
I am a student in my last year at Madrid, so maybe I'm a little biased, but personally, I love Madrid. This school has a really bad reputation, though for what I'm not sure. There will be bad kids, teachers, and situations wherever you go. It's what you make of it that matters. During my years at Madrid, I have gotten involved in as many programs as I could, and I have made sure not to get involved with the wrong groups or kids. As a result, I have made wonderful friends, have had amazing teachers who really care about me and my success, have had fantastic experiences, and will take away many great memories from Madrid. Hopefully this school will lose it's bad reputation really soon, and be seen for what it really is: a great school.

Posted March 05, 2010
i believe that this school should have gotten better computers when it was built and kept changing but either way its a good school!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alfred S. Madrid Middle School

Posted October 14, 2009
I went to madrid middle school for the whole three years and the school is a great school.

Alfred S. Madrid Middle School
3300 Gilman Road, El Monte, CA  91732-3226
Last modified Alfred S. Madrid Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.