Posted September 30, 2014
Our children started attending Richmond Street Elementary School when we moved to El Segundo at the very end of the school year last May. They have now started the new year and absolutely love their school. As parents, we love this school as well. The teachers are wonderful, involved and caring. The Principal, Liz Ramirez, is phenomenal, engaged, proactive, and very tuned into the students in the school. She has been a great resource to us as parents and makes herself available to both parents and student. The front office staff are extremely helpful and accommodating; everyone at this school is kind and willing to lend a helping hand. I cannot say enough good things about this school, the staff and our Principal.

Posted October 25, 2013
We moved to El Segundo because of its own school district. My daughter was attending one of the best LAUSD elementary school in west side but we did not like the way of LAUSD at all ! So we decided to get my daughter out of LAUSD and found this small but nice community and schools. We are very happy about school, teachers, parents, home works, activities, big school yard and nice facility. Wish we knew this school much earlier !

Posted September 10, 2013
My daughter just started her Kindergarten year at Richmond Street and, after a rough few days of adjustment, she is loving school. She is making new friends, wants to learn and says she is excited to go to school. I am very excited that she is having such a great experience so far!!

Posted November 02, 2012
We Love RSS! We moved here from Mid-Wilshire, where my two closest LAUSD chools were in the 400 and 500s APIs (and I lived in a terrific neighborhood). I cannot stress enough how wonderful RSS is --- our Kinder teacher is fantastic and the Principal is super responsive. Parent involvement is very high, and the expectations are that each parent will get involved, help raise funds, volunteer, etc. Meeting those expectations can sometimes be tough for working parents, but the result of such high engagement is that the school offers a very vibrant, exciting environment with strong academics and lots of extracurricular activities. This is an EXCELLENT school and we feel fortunate to have moved here and become part of the Richmond Street famiily.

Posted July 24, 2012
So far, so good - just finished TEDDE and my son couldn't be happier. His teacher (so sad, she retired) was AMAZING - caring, loving, yet disciplined. She taught our children the most important thing that will set them up for a lifetime of learning - how to use their words. How to work things out. I would see kids on the playground talking about what was making them upset instead of going straight to fighting. I feel this school is very special.

Posted September 05, 2011
We moved from Playa del Rey to get our daughter out of LAUSD and into the El Segundo School District. It was the best decision we've made regarding her education. Not only is the school well funded with outstanding teachers/admin/staff, but everyone seems to be very concerned with teaching children how to think versus just worring about test scores. Low and behold, children are engaged, learning, thinking and the test scores are great. We couldn't be happier and would move all over again!

Posted January 26, 2010

Posted June 05, 2008

Richmond Street Elementary School 0

Posted February 19, 2008
My son is thriving here!! It is so small town, yet has very high standards. Everyone knows your child from the principal to the cafeteria ladies to the plant managers. Many opportunities for parental involvement so you can keep up on things. Teachers are very responsive as demonstrated when many of us felt that the amount of homework in Kindergarten was a bit excessive. I would highly recommend this school. (but then our class sizes might go up...)

Posted February 16, 2008
It isn't just this school but the entire community. El Segundo is a wonderful place to raise children with all of the activities from the Halloween Frolic to Candy Cane Lane. The entire staff at the school is easy to work with and very friendly. Volunteering is the best way to get to know the teachers and staff and to keep up with what your child is learning. I'm so glad that everyone seems happy to have parents around all the time. Oh, yeah the cirriculum is perfect too.

Richmond Street Elementary School
615 Richmond Street, El Segundo, CA  90245
Last modified Richmond Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richmond Street Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top