Posted April 17, 2014
I've been at Center Street School for two years now and it's been a great experience. The Teachers and staff really but the interest of the children ahead of everything. The school really puts the focus on what matters - The Children. The campus is clean, safe and inviting. Parents are welcome at anytime and if any concerns arise the faculty is always ready to help. Real glad we are part of this great school.

Posted April 02, 2014
My child has not attended this school, however I have attended a meeting on Common Core for English and took a tour with the principal. I left my tour and the meeting with a sense of confidence that this school and respective administrators have a vision for how to implement the Common Core Standards in both english and math. There is a well rounded education given to the students. The principal is very approachable and has a keen vision for the school and its future.

Posted October 29, 2013
I have two children that currently go to Center Street School. Their is such a strong community and excellent support from the staff!

Posted October 25, 2013
Center Street School is fantastic because the teachers and staff have successfully created an environment where education and a fun place to be are one in the same. My daughter loves going to school and always enjoys telling me about her structured day full of activities that constantly challenge her mind and creative thinking. Their after-school enrichment program is fantastic. My daughter loves her choir class!

Posted October 24, 2013
Great School. A+ teachers, A+ parents, A+ students. A+ neighborhood. K through 5. Excellent, excellent, excellent

Posted July 26, 2013
I have 2 kids here - We love this school. I was concerned about class sizes being too high in our home district, and received an assurance from the principal that the class size has never and will never be over 25. Good enough for me, so we permitted in. Teachers we got assigned randomly were both fantastic!

Posted March 13, 2013
To the Parent that Posted February 24, 2013 It was an unfortunate incident, however the situation is a police matter and not school matter. I received several emails from both the board and school concerning the matter with the right amount of information they were allowed to provide. I don't think the school or board swept anything. They just can't make up or provide false information. Mrs. Janicek and Dr Yantz have done a superb job in educating and protecting our children. btw .. last I heard the DA has dropped charges against the alleged teacher

Posted February 24, 2013
That issue with the inappropriate teacher sure got swept under the rug real ffast. I only heard about it from other parent at school nothing from school.

Posted August 06, 2012
Center St is a fantastic school. Caring, hard working teachers and principal. My kids love it here!

Posted October 13, 2011
Ms. Janicek is a superb principal and the school behaves as if it is a top notch private school. By enforcing a zero tolerance on bullying, Ms. Janicek taking the time and effort to learn every child by name and using strategies like allowing select 5th Graders to volunteer to be a special team to "patrol" the kindergarten grounds on recess helping smaller children problem solve their issues: they create an environment where it is safe for the children to speak up for themselves. Our children learn to look out for each other and be accountable for their actions.

Center Street Elementary
700 Center Street, El Segundo, CA  90245
Last modified Center Street Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Center Street Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews.