El Segundo, CA

El Segundo Middle School 1

Posted October 29, 2014
This school takes no a action against bullying. The claim to have a zero tolerance policy, but this in my opinion has yet to be seen as my child is continuously bullied by Payton slatkin and here sister.

El Segundo Middle School 4

Posted June 22, 2014
We are not from El Segundo and my daughter just finished 6th grade at ESMS. She had a wonderful and challenging school year. The teachers were great and she learned a great deal, especially how to study and care for her work. We are looking forward to our future years there.

Posted November 19, 2013
We have lived in ES for 13 years and the quality of the education and staff support/involvement is amazing. My daughter is in 8th grade and has many needs that require extra effort and patience from the staff. They have all been consistently supportive and caring and they genuinely care.

Posted October 29, 2013
i go to this school right now i an in eighth grade and i love it except for the fact at some of the teachers don't know what they are doing but the other rock we love you Ms. DeLong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted January 26, 2010
'We have 1 currently attending Richmond Elementary school. It is a small town community with wonderful caring parents and fantastic teachers and staff The quality of the instruction has been great for our Son He is challenged and pushed to do his best consistently. Parent groups like the PTA and ED Foundation do an amazing job of fundraising and building a sense of strength in our community.. It is a wonderful place for our son to spend his day and I am pleased to be part of such a great town and school .'

El Segundo Middle School 0

Posted November 23, 2009
Amazing school with great staff and students

El Segundo Middle School 4

Posted August 28, 2009
Sophisticated, El Segundo is not, but what makes it great is the 'lack' of sophistication. The town, and I do mean town, is what makes it great. It's Mayberry in 2009. You can let your kids walk to school, the park, down to Main St. (yes, there is a 'main' street) and feel they are safe. The vibe may seem unfriendly to outsiders, but I found that it's well worth it for the great schools. I have not heard of any discrimination among the kids - racial or because they are 'permit kids'. IF there IS any discrimination, it's seems to be among the adults. My overall rating is very good - ESMS is giving my children the best public education I can find for them in the area. I highly recommend the entire school district.

Posted January 30, 2009
I went to this school. Although the town atmosphere is unfriendly and somewhat unsophisticated; the education I received was outstanding. Even lazy, average, or unmotivated students will come out ahead after going to ESMS. The only drawback is that you will go through life thinking everyone is stupid, until you realize they just didn't get the same quality of education.

Posted August 29, 2008

El Segundo Middle School 2

Posted May 22, 2008
My daughter attended this school in 2006-2007 school year. She came from Washington State Montessori school. I didn't like the fact that she was required to learn what her current grade level was learning if she already knew it. When her father had a conference with the Principal and teacher, their only solution was to have her take a test to be placed in a higher grade level. That was not the answer I wanted. I didn't like the structure of her having to learn something she already knew and there were no options for an advanced class. The teacher's next suggestion was to have her be a student assistant. Which still was not resolving the problem of her excelling at learning more. Very disappointed.

El Segundo Middle School
332 Center Street, El Segundo, CA  90245
Last modified El Segundo Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
El Segundo Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top