Bad
Good

Love the kindergarden teachers! We had an amazing year and we are looking foward to the upcoming school years.... GO MURPHY TIGERS! ! !

I really dislike having to write this review but these issues need to be brought out into the light. First off, the police presence that was mentioned by another parent is real. They pick on parents who are already stressed out with this annoying crowded lot and broken parking system. The police have traps for those who do not heed the posted rules. The Principal is very elusive, as mentioned before. Problems at this school are not severe, to my knowledge, but are a plenty. Teachers do not get there classes out on time for lunch and at the end of the day. There are problems with the bathrooms not functioning properly etc. A certain 3rd grade teacher, no names involved because that's just unfair, needs to reinvent herself as a teacher! She is lazy, uncaring, and probably does not even care about her job as a teacher. This individual does not tackle issues that arise and are brought to her attention. She does not even watch her class during the weekly P.E. period. The kids are not getting homework and possibly not learning much in class all at the expense of her missing so much school and her own personal agenda.

A very good school . We are very happy with all that this school has to offer. thank you for being here for us.

Murphy is an outstanding school . The environment is positive and safe for students . The teachers are welcoming.

Murphy is a great school my older daughter is there and my younger about to start K principal and staff are friendly and support a parent went need it I love Murphy!!

Horrible school!!!! Cops are constantly at the school every when ou drive up. Extremely poor leadership. The principal has no interest in anything that goes on. She has the yard supervisor, the ELD helper (who almost never does her job), and anyone else available do her job. Frequently, when you ask to speak with her, she's "unavailable". When there are walk-throughs, the administration uses her best staff to impress the district. After that, she will never step foot in the classroom again. I've noticed that select teachers and staff are supported, the rest have to make it on their own. Students and teachers do what they want while the principal allows situations to escalate to an unbearable level. Front office secretary is rude to everyone, parents, children, faculty. Don't send your child to this school!

A very good school . my whole family likes the school and the staff. thank you for being here for us.

We just recently moved here and my son attends this school. We are very happy with all that this school has to offer.

Murphy is an outstanding school that has advanced over the years. The environment is positive and safe for students and parents. The teachers are welcoming. Parent participation is encouraged. The evening extracurricular events are amazing (Night of Stars, Founders Day Black History Celebration, Dr. Seuss, and Kindergarten Holiday Play). I am so pleased that my children are apart of this school.

Murphy Elementary is a great place for students to learn. We have hardworking students and hardly any discipline issues. Speaking from my own experience as a former upper grade teacher and now as a lower grade teacher at this school, most of my students at both levels have been very motivated and eager to learn. Most parents are very supportive and encouraging to me. I'm happy to be a part of this school.

Last modified Murphy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.