Posted November 19, 2014
Both my children attended Olinda Elementary school. At the time, I had many concerns, complaints, etc. But now they are both college students at an Ivy League college. Looking back, I see it was a wonderful school! The only thing missing were some trees to provide shade during lunch and breaks.

Posted October 08, 2013
We are new to the school this year with a child in kindergarten and first grade. Our children love their teachers! Although it is early in the year we are happy so far with the teachers. Our concerns include: lack of arts and music; way too much homework (12 pages in one week); and lack of inclusiveness for diverse families. When we approached the teacher regarding inclusiveness she was receptive and immediately made some changes. There is a very active welcoming parent community. We are happy to have a quality school within walking distance.

Posted October 08, 2013
After years of rumors surrounding a possible closure, Olinda has achieved "Distinguished School" status, which confirms what so many Olinda families have known all along; we have an amazing community that provides an excellent environment for students to start out their educational journey.

Posted September 26, 2013
Olinda Elementary is a good school. My son is in the 1st grate. His new teacher is well organized and caring. The after school program is improving. There are art, music, dance, science and chess for his grade and the fees are reasonalbe---thanks for the parents' involvment.

Posted June 11, 2013
My child was in Mrs. Barrios' transitional kindergarten class and she was the very best teacher any of my children had!! She really is a loving concerned teacher. Olinda is very lucky to have her. The principal loves the children and does not let the parents push her around. Thank you Olinda for taking care of our children!

Posted May 16, 2013
This is a great school with great teachers. We moved in the area when my daughter was in 2nd grade and now she is finishing her 4th grade. During these 3 years, Olinda exceeds my expectations in all areas. Teachers care about their students and students love coming to the class everyday. We are hoping that it will continue to be the exceptional school that it is and always will be. Thanks so much to Mrs. Velez, Mr. Royce, and Mrs. Haydari

Posted April 29, 2012
Olinda Elementary is a gem in the school district. Thanks to the City of Richmond who had the foresight and commitment to keep such a great institution open, Olinda is around to be recognized as a Ca. Distinguished school this year (and I bet for many years to come). My daughter has had many amazing teachers - not all the time, but enough to make a difference. The new principal seems very experienced and focused, and I'm excited to see how well the school would do under her leadership.

Posted March 30, 2012
Olinda is a 2012 California Distinguished. The community involvement, parent participation, great leadership, and outstanding teachers ensure an outstanding education for our children. Congratulations to all!

Posted March 07, 2012
Great school my son goes there and he is happy, teacher are great and parents envolment in school is also grat

Olinda Elementary School 1

Posted February 23, 2012
School needs to post not only positive but negative reviews. Someone is deleting all negative reviews. This school needs to get its act together and stop making itself look perfect. It isd nowhere near that. There are many schools in this district that quietly do what they are supposed to do...and they do it legally...STOP deleting negative reviews. That certainly tells parents something about your lack of honesty and other essential values teachers should have. Shame on you.

Olinda Elementary School
5855 Olinda Road, El Sobrante, CA  94803
Last modified Olinda Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Olinda Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top