Posted April 11, 2014
I have a 4rd grader at this location. The teachers and everyone in general are very polite and very easy to talk to. My son has learn a lot and each an every time he learns the values that are learned at home but reminded at school. Keep up the good work, we need a lot of schools like this one to ensure a great future for the kids of this country.

Joseph Sims Elementary School 3

Posted July 18, 2013
This school has great teachers. But every since the new principal Shelly Hughes came, it has really gone downhill. This principal clearly does not care for the children, nor any concerns a parent has. If this principal is still there, I can foresee this school just getting worst every year. Very sad, because there are some very talented teachers and staff who made the school great before this principal came.

Posted May 25, 2013
I used to go here, and I miss this school so much! Staff was great.

Posted July 27, 2012
This is an awesome school! My son has been going here since kindergarten. He is now in 6th grade. The teachers are excellent and very involved with the success of students. They have great energy and are really happy to be teaching. They provide positive reinforcements which really encourage the kids to try their best. Its also great that the school encourages leadership skills and independence. Parental involvement is huge at this school. I love the visual arts and performance program. Overall have been very satisfied with everything the school has to offer.

Joseph Sims Elementary School 2

Posted March 29, 2012
I used to love this school. My son has attended for the past 5 years. I've now enrolled him in another school for 5th grade. My problems are with the administration and how issues are handled and addressed. In second grade, his teacher called us in said we should have him assessed for ADD so he could get meds to help him concentrate. I mentioned this to another parent and I learned that she also did that to 2 other students! He s done well up to and since then; I had him assessed and he does not have ADD. This year is the worst yet. I ve volunteered for the class to see that his teacher has no patience. He reported to me that in class she said to the students I m so frustrated I could cuss . Not an acceptable comment for a teacher to make. I ve also had a three occasions over the years to contact the principal and vice principal because of concerns I ve had on a few things. Their response is usually polite yet patronizing and my concerns have been ultimately disregarded. My expectation that the school value parent concerns and objectively consider their points of view is not unreasonable. Unfortunately, this is not the school to have such expectations.

Posted July 27, 2011
This is an amazing school, where staff go the extra mile for every child! The teachers and staff work night and day to make this an amazing school in our community!

Posted March 26, 2010
Joseph Sims is a top notch school. We came from a private school and we have been very pleased with the academics and character building the school teaches. Just attend a Friday Assembly! WOW! Our son made friends very easily. The PTO and School Admin work very well together to benefit the students. Love the dance program. This is a very well run school with great parent involvement. We are disappointed one of our kids was off loaded due to over crowding.

Posted March 02, 2010
Excellent school. One of the best school here in Elk Grove district. My daughter really likes going to school. I have seen her improve a lot with reading and math. She is in First Grade. I say this school is better than private school.

Posted July 15, 2009

Joseph Sims Elementary School 4

Posted June 29, 2009
I love this school. And the parents make all the difference. Its a great school!

Joseph Sims Elementary School
3033 Buckminster Drive, Elk Grove, CA  95758
Last modified Joseph Sims Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joseph Sims Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top