Posted April 02, 2014
Great school. Love teacher-parent communication. Teacher grade the tests fast. School loop is very helpful. Band teacher ( Mr. Roberts ) works very hard. Great spirit.

Posted March 27, 2014
My daughter will be starting at Toby in August. I was moved by the speaches at class selection night. I hope that the school is all it say it is and more. My daughter has her struggles, usually makes friends easily, and I look forward to helping out in anyway I can.

Toby Johnson Middle School 4

Posted December 11, 2013
The staff is so unfriendly. Low moral, never a cheerful greeting. Bad first impression. School encourages parents and students to use school loop but does not require all their teachers to use it. Very frustrating for me as a parent. And something that I don't quite understand why would they encourage school loop when they can't get their own teachers to comply. ESP Science teachers. School atmosphere, moral , rules are excellent! Great school. I give principal leadership 2 stars because other parents have mentioned the front office moral and to date nothing has changed. And also for the lack of understanding of getting our teachers to comply to school loop.

Posted September 12, 2011
I think that TJMS is a great school. The teachers may seem strict at first, but they actually do care about their students. Though they do give out plenty of homework, it is all to prepare us for the many adventures ahead when we reach highschool. This school is very friendly and it is quite easy to make friends there. The principal is also very nice. She is very caring and strives to make the school as best as she can. TJMS is not just good. It is better than good!

Toby Johnson Middle School 3

Posted July 14, 2011
Toby Johnson itself rates well with me, all though the office staff is very unwelcoming, unfriendly, cold, and always seem annoyed that your even in there. I have a Franklin high school student who was there, and now I have a 7th grader entering. So, I am not looking forward for the days I have to interact with the office staff.

Posted June 03, 2011
TJMS is great school ! It has a dedicated staff and teachers who are nice caring and very good at teaching students . the principles are nice and encouraging even while enforcing the school rules.they have great leadership and i think Toby Johnson middle Scool one of the best schools to go to in the Elk Grove District .

Toby Johnson Middle School 1

Posted July 29, 2010
We have short but very unpleasant experience with the school staff and leadership. It looks like the level of moral is rally low there. It does not feel like a good environment to be.

Posted June 07, 2010
Toby Johnson Middle School is the BEST middle school ever!!! TJMS has great teachers and staff members who truely care about the students and will help the students in any way they can. TJMS has a great counseling program. TJMS also has lots of fun and cool electives like art, cooking, drama, video productions, and all other cool and fun classes. Also this school has lots of great activites such as dance, and faires. Also to add Toby's athletics are some of the best in the district like basketball, volleyball, track and field, and wrestling. Toby Johnson Middle School is a truely above average school and their API score is way above average. Toby Johnson is the best middle school in Sacramento County!!!

Toby Johnson Middle School 1

Posted November 17, 2009

Toby Johnson Middle School 0

Posted November 15, 2009
I am new to this school and just started a couple days ago. I love it so much already and have already made tonssss of friends! I really give this school a huge 5! I love TJMS!

Toby Johnson Middle School
10099 Franklin High Road, Elk Grove, CA  95757
Last modified Toby Johnson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Toby Johnson Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top