Elk Grove, CA
Students enrolled: 1,135

Posted April 04, 2010
I have two kids at Irene B West, One in 2nd grade the other in kindergarden, the staff has been very helpful, techers more than patient. I cannot say anything bad about this school .. I feel that everyone is trying their absolute best to give excellent quality education.

Irene B. West Elementary School 5

Posted April 02, 2010
I have three children that go West, they all started there since preschool. Now, my daughter is in 3rd grade, my son is in 2nd grade and one in kindergarten. I have had no problems with any teacher or staff from West. I do prefer the principal and the VP we have right now. I think they are doing a great job!

Irene B. West Elementary School 1

Posted January 22, 2009
New principal doesn't seem to be in touch with his students. Has an additude that he is above everyone else. Doesn't have a win-win additude. Staff not properly trained on dealing with specific disabilities, even when they know in advance about them.

Posted November 08, 2008
i am also a student attending this school. i am currently going to irene as a 6th grade. i have been going to this school since it opened in 2002. i was a kindergartener. i would say that my academics over the past years have been excellent. i have been getting straight A's since 4th grade. i have come to favor my 5th grade teacher and so have all my friends. now during my 6th grade year, my parents have come to dislike both my 6th grade teachers because of the unfair grades i have received. i have just received my awards on october 30th. as for the school's staff, they are most kind and caring. except for some of the staff members who are just way too unfair. my brother and i, who by the way is a 1st grader, both love this school. only positives i have to say.

Irene B. West Elementary School 2

Posted October 02, 2008
I have no children at this school; however, I am a teacher at West. I must say that I have to agree with a lot of the negative posts about this school. West does have about a handful of good, caring, competent teachers. My hope is that the new principal, Dr. Powers, will make changes for the better... Starting with the start and dismissal times. The school's times are just not condusive to productive student learning. Further, the office staff is without a doubt not approachable and at times flat out rude. I love teaching kids, but feel my dedication to this wonderful profession may be appreciated elsewhere.

Posted June 21, 2007
I go to Irene B. West. The school has been a great sschool. we have established high achievments and i have academicly improved. I have made many friends here and have been on Honor since 3rd grade. Many people dislike this school but i have to disagree. They think that the teachers are bad but the must not have met the ones I have. I have been at this school since it was first opened in 1st grade. I am now in 5th grade going on 6th. I am going tomiss this school when i go to middle school.

Irene B. West Elementary School 3

Posted June 18, 2007
My daughters now in 1st and 3rd have attended private school prior to this. There are pro's and con's to both schools when comparing. I don't know what my child is learning and I can't review things with them. When report cards or progress reports come out and she isn't doing well how am I suppose to help her improve? If the kids are failing isn't the teacher failing in teaching?

Posted April 03, 2007
My three children have gone to Irene B West since it opened and one has since gone on to middle school.My kids love the school and have not had any problems.The teachers I have had contact with have been caring and competent.Any issues I may have had have been resolved quickly and appropriately by communicating with the teachers and principal.

Irene B. West Elementary School 1

Posted March 21, 2007
My husband, child and myself hate this school. The instructors were a main concern when it came to a good safe place to learn. I'd recommend finding another school or home school your child.

Posted August 30, 2006
My Four children attend Irene B. West Elementary ranging from grades Kindergarten to sixth grade. Our eldest child has attended West since the 2nd grade when the school first opened. In it's first two years the school has had it's share of issues not unlike any other school starting to establish itself. Since then, we've greatly improved in administrative leadership and parent involvement through PTA sponsored events like movie & pizza night to parents who work as yard supervisors. We've had wonderful caring teachers who challenged and encouraged our children academically and personally. Our three oldest children have always done well in school - A's & B's and have always made honor roll. Over all, I believe West to be a great school with teachers and staff who are interested in our children's education and in continually making the school a better place.

8625 Serio Way, Elk Grove, CA  95758
Last modified Irene B. West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Irene B. West Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top