Elk Grove, CA
Students enrolled: 1,135

Irene B. West Elementary School 4

Posted April 04, 2010
I have two kids at Irene B West, One in 2nd grade the other in kindergarden, the staff has been very helpful, techers more than patient. I cannot say anything bad about this school .. I feel that everyone is trying their absolute best to give excellent quality education.

Posted April 02, 2010
I have three children that go West, they all started there since preschool. Now, my daughter is in 3rd grade, my son is in 2nd grade and one in kindergarten. I have had no problems with any teacher or staff from West. I do prefer the principal and the VP we have right now. I think they are doing a great job!

Irene B. West Elementary School 1

Posted March 03, 2010

Posted November 05, 2009

Posted October 02, 2009

Posted October 02, 2009

Irene B. West Elementary School 1

Posted January 22, 2009
New principal doesn't seem to be in touch with his students. Has an additude that he is above everyone else. Doesn't have a win-win additude. Staff not properly trained on dealing with specific disabilities, even when they know in advance about them.

Irene B. West Elementary School 0

Posted November 08, 2008
i am also a student attending this school. i am currently going to irene as a 6th grade. i have been going to this school since it opened in 2002. i was a kindergartener. i would say that my academics over the past years have been excellent. i have been getting straight A's since 4th grade. i have come to favor my 5th grade teacher and so have all my friends. now during my 6th grade year, my parents have come to dislike both my 6th grade teachers because of the unfair grades i have received. i have just received my awards on october 30th. as for the school's staff, they are most kind and caring. except for some of the staff members who are just way too unfair. my brother and i, who by the way is a 1st grader, both love this school. only positives i have to say.

Irene B. West Elementary School 2

Posted October 02, 2008
I have no children at this school; however, I am a teacher at West. I must say that I have to agree with a lot of the negative posts about this school. West does have about a handful of good, caring, competent teachers. My hope is that the new principal, Dr. Powers, will make changes for the better... Starting with the start and dismissal times. The school's times are just not condusive to productive student learning. Further, the office staff is without a doubt not approachable and at times flat out rude. I love teaching kids, but feel my dedication to this wonderful profession may be appreciated elsewhere.

Posted September 09, 2008

Irene B. West Elementary School
8625 Serio Way, Elk Grove, CA  95758
Last modified Irene B. West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Irene B. West Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top